Is there a way to embed Issue Statistics from JIRA into a report?

Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2021

This may be more of a feature request, as I can see that macros aren't currently supported - but have you found any clever ways of automatically including a filter or issue-statistics-like macro within your page?

Many of our developers really just want to know how many tickets are left, and using JQL I can just blast them with that info.

1 comment

Comment

Simi S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2021

Hi @Chris Buzon - thanks for the question!

I think I need to better understand what you're trying to achieve. Did you want to automatically add # of issues left into the weekly Team Central update? It's not something we support right now, but just curious about your need for this!

Like # people like this
Leah Picone July 2, 2021

I was wondering a similar question, would we be able to imbed a widget into the status report?

Something as basic as: 

• Two Dimensional Filter Statistics providing the ability to present the content of a jql query in a user friendly view.
  • Filter Results to show specific details of a jql query

• Etc.
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2021

That's pretty much it yeah - my specific use case is around issue-statistics.  We do a weekly Operations report that inlcludes a link to a confluence page around each large-scale initiative we're working on - right now someone manually queries how many tickets are in each status and just writes it down to add to the update, but ideally we could just embed the issue-statistics macro into the project pages.

Here's a terrible example of where I would use this.

chrome_2021-07-06_15-10-52.png

Like # people like this
Josh Hammond March 3, 2022

+1 on @Chris Buzon 's suggestion.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events