Editing the name of your workspace

Dennis Barel January 19, 2023

Hello, is there an option to edit the Workspace name? Unfortunately, I have named the workspace according to the name of a single project.
I couldn't find it under the Workspace Settings section

1 comment

Comment

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2023

@Dennis Barel you'll need to go to System Settings. Under General settings is the Title at the top of the page. I believe that is what you are referring to as the Workspace name. Use the Edit button at the upper right of the page to change it.

Like Kalin U likes this
Dennis Barel January 22, 2023

Hey, @Danno This option is not available under General settings.
Adding a screenshot here of the options I have.

Also tried to look for the configuration under our General Jira settings (outside of Atlas) but unfortunately couldn't find any solution.

Workspace_Settings_—_Remove_Left_Mode_Atlas.png

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2023

@Dennis Barel I apologize for not catching that you posted this in the Atlas Group. That said, I suspect you are just getting started here. Can you tell me what other Atlassian products you are using and if you are the organization and Site admin.? I suspect that if you have admin priveledges you accidentally used the project name (Remove Left Mode?) as the workspace name when you were first setting things up.

In my instance, Atlas picks up the workspace name that I pointed you to in my first answer.

Dennis Barel May 9, 2023

Hey, @Danno coming back here again about the issue, yes you are right I have named the workspace after a project name.
Unfortunately, I was unable to rename it, I have tried here all the options you suggested.
Yes, I am also a site admin, we are using the following products: Atlas, Jira Work Management, Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, and Jira Product Discovery.

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2023

@Dennis Barel I feel your pain. 😞 Unfortunately there is no way to edit the name even as a site admin. There are two things you can do to get this fixed. One is to raise a support ticket as described in this post: Renaming Workspace Scroll down to the post by  @Andrew Hammond to get the link to the support team.

The other option is to delete Atlas from your system and then add it back in and start over. See this post from @Sherif Mansour here: How do you change the name on an Atlas Workspace?

@Andrew Hammond or @Sherif Mansour is there an existing feature issue that could be voted on for this?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events