Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Central Partner Feature: AppsDelivered

To keep the Partner Spotlight series alive and well, Atlassian has invited Partners to create their articles following Atlassian’s suggested format. Here is the latest installment – an interview with @Riley Venable, Founder of AppsDelivered.

AppsDelivered Team (4).png

The AppsDelivered team is based in the USA and Europe

Question: What's your role at AppsDelivered?

Riley:

I founded AppsDelivered in 2018, right after completing high school and while pursuing my information systems degree in Orlando, Florida. Since then, I've been able to expand our team to 20+ fantastic Atlassian developers and help us achieve Silver Marketplace Partner status. Now, I oversee all stages of the product development life-cycle and strive to improve the efficiency of Atlassian users through innovative apps for Jira. I genuinely love my work, our team, and the Atlassian ecosystem.

Question: How does your team come up with ideas for new apps?

Riley:

A good portion of our early app ideas came from our team's vision for Jira. While these ideas achieved some level of success, we have since recognized more effective approaches. Now we conduct interviews with our users, stay active in the Atlassian community, attend events, and consult with companies of all sizes using Atlassian to understand their pain points better.

Question: What do you think has been the secret to your success so far?

Riley:

To be honest, I think it’s because we genuinely care. I’ve seen many instances where customers are surprised we’ll hop on a call or that we responded to their support ticket so quickly. We’ve offered free Atlassian Forge trainings, consistently promoted other app vendors, and truly want to bring value to every member of the Atlassian Community. Our apps are developed for users, by users, and we write every line of code with our customers in mind.

Question: What is your most popular app? What problem were you trying to solve for customers when you created it?

Riley:

Most popular app? Well it depends on the criteria. If it’s by the numbers, Smart Issue Templates for Jira is the clear winner. It’s our best performing app in terms of reviews, engagement, evaluations, and installs. The idea for this app stemmed from a real pain our team was having (manually creating repetitive issues). It allows users to create issue templates and hierarchies of Epics, Stories, Tasks, and Subtasks, and apply them with one click. Templates and Hierarchies can be applied on a schedule, via API or post function, and tracked across multiple different projects. The app also comes with enterprise level permissions, scopes, a wide range of custom field types, and in depth usage statistics. We set out to accomplish our mission of automating processes in Jira and I’d say we’ve done a pretty good job at it.

74650f15-6771-4755-898d-bb739744d5fd.png

Smart Issue Templates makes it easy to automate complex processes in Jira

In terms of an internal popularity contest, Smart Comments for Jira takes the cake. I always catch team members playing with it. The app allows you to create comment templates and comment threads, filter them by a range of criteria, and schedule them for later. It ships with some AI features as well, like comment sentiment analysis, and auto-expansion. We got this idea from our customers who would get dizzy looking at unorganized comments and wanted to have better internal communication on Jira Service Management tickets. We believe all communication around a piece of work should be kept inside Jira and Smart Comments has allowed our customers to do that.

f13e4915-0c25-472d-b19b-509a9b8766fc.png

Smart Comments helps Jira users keep their comments organized, and valuable

Both of the cloud versions of these apps are built on Atlassian Forge, meaning all of your data used to power the app never leaves your Atlassian Cloud instance. We’ve tried very hard to educate the eco-system about Atlassian Forge and why it’s so great for building Atlassian Cloud applications since it was released in beta in 2019. We don’t shut-up about it and I don’t think we will for a long time.

Question: What’s next for you?

Riley:

I think the second half of this year will be very big for AppsDelivered. At the moment, we are working on a fairly large overhaul of Smart Issue Templates for Jira. Look forward to compatibility with advanced roadmaps, improved statistics, greater custom field support, template creation via CSV, a Microsoft teams integration, and more. Some of our team will be going to Atlassian Team 24' and hope to see you there. We also plan to keep improving our other apps like Views for Jira and Smart Time-Off for Jira, as well as expanding our portfolio of 8 apps even further. If you read this far, thank you so much for your interest in our story. Go Atlassian!

To learn more about AppsDelivered, visit their Atlassian Marketplace Listing - and comment which app of theirs interests you the most!

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events