Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to split a String into multiple String in a post-function?

Riccardo Micozzi December 4, 2020

Hello there,

I have a CustomField(a label) where there is the possibility to insert more than a word(for example: apple, banana, watermelon) I need to write a Post Function, using the ScriptRunner in Jira Cloud) that get che Custom Field value and split the String into 3 different String(in the example on the top, one string for one fruit), obviously if in the CustomField there is only a word I will get only 1 String.

For the moment i have write this peace of code:

// get custom fields
def customFields = get("/rest/api/2/field")
.asObject(List)
.body
.findAll { (it as Map).custom } as List<Map>

def lista = customFields.find { it.name == 'Lista' }?.value

def lista1 = (issue.fields[lista] as String)?.replaceAll(/,.*/, ' ')

but Now I don't know how to move forward

P.S: I don't know if the peace of code that i have write is okay.

thanks to those who will answer

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2020

What type of field have you created?  Is it text or multi-select (like a label, component or, well multi-select)?

Riccardo Micozzi December 4, 2020

it is a label

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2020

Sorry for the delay.

A label is held in a similar way to multi-selects, so in your code, lista will be holding an array of label elements.

So if you iterate over that, using .getName() on each element, you'll get one value string at a time.

Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2023

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  Would this work for a text string?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2023

You would not need the .getName()

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events