cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting cloned xray test issues when importing execution

Pedro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 25, 2024

Hello
In a project I was working on, I was using import execution multipart to send a xml test report to Jira.
It's behavior was: if no xray tests exist that match the tests inside the xml report, then new Xray Tests were automatically created on my Jira project.
if those Xray tests existed, it simply associated a new execution with that issue.

Today, I'm seeing a different behavior.
Every execution is creating a new Xray Test issue, even if I'm sending the exact same test, with no changes at all.

(The definition field on the issues is exactly the same, since I know tests are identified through that field)

Did the behavior change during this weekend? Is it a bug? 
I tried in two different projects, same behavior, so I don't think it's a problem on my implementation

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Paulina Dembek March 28, 2024

I'm having the same problem. We have implemented Playwright (TS) -> TeamCity -> XRay integration with xml type of report. It was working fine until 21.03. Later on, every new Test Execution created from TC job have created a bunch of new Tests as well. Why is that? Previously it was matching the tests.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events