Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the versions List of a JIRA Project From Confluence??

Ibrahim Farhan January 24, 2016

In confluence, I want to get a list of versions of a specific JIRA project.

What are the possible API that could be used in this sitaution?

Regards

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2016
Ibrahim Farhan January 24, 2016

Thank you! .

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2016

Here are 2 solutions:

1. JIRA Version List Using the JSON Table Macro - this is available with Advanced Tables for Confluence
  2. You can use the CLI Macro (from Run CLI Actions in Confluence) with the following action:
--action getVersionList --project JCLI --outputFormat 2
Bob Buford May 24, 2018

Hi Bob,

I installed JCLI on Confluence (application linked to our JIRA server instance) and placed the CLI Macro on a Confluence page.  I pasted the action string shown above (project key in JIRA is CRM)

--action getVersionList --project CRM --outputFormat 2

It responds with REMOTE_EXCEPTION

Remote error: User is not authorized to perform the request. Response code: 401.

That would suggest that I need to authenticate, but I could not find how in your online docs.

Thank you 

Bob Swift _Appfire_ May 25, 2018

You need to provide user and password parameters for practically any CLI action no matter where it is run. So, for instance, you can provide them directly on the action request. Normally when using a command line directly, you hide them away in a initial script file (atlassian, confluence, jira, ... templates provided) so you never need to type them again :). Similarly, when using CLI macro or similar embedded support, you hide them away in a profile so you don't need to repeat them for each use. This also protects them from being seen by others as part of the page source. If you have untrusted users on your site, you will need to protect the usage of the profile using Macro Security. For more information on profiles, see Profiles.

Like mchrobok likes this
Bob Buford May 25, 2018

Thanks, Bob - that gives me good direction.  And thanks for the fast response!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events