Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issuetype Feature above other Standard Issue Types in Hierarchy Level

armin_rothe
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 11, 2024

Hello, 

is it possible to add a Hierarchy like Epic - Feature - Story (standard Issuetypes) - Sub-Task?

Because I am not able to push a new level with only "Feature" below the "Epic" 2024-03-11_12-12-52.png

Thanks for your support. 

Best regards

Armin

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Capizzi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2024

Hi @armin_rothe 

In Jira Data Center the best way to achieve an "Epic - Feature - Story" hierarchy is through the flexible terminology settings.

First, use the "Terminology" page under your Administration settings to rename "Epic" to "Feature". 

Then, you can create a new Issue Type called "Epic" and use the hierarchy configuration settings to put it the level above your newly renamed "Feature" level.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Daniel

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 11, 2024

Hi @armin_rothe

you can only add additional levels above the epic level. Kindly see this thread for possible ways forward.

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events