Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences between JPD and Advanced Roadmap

Bakhtawar Tanveer March 13, 2024

Hi guys,

I am struggling with creating a plan for our new project and can't decide which Jira product is better for my requirements. I'd like the plan to be clear and easy to be presented to all kinds of stakeholders so that they can understand the whole pic.

I was told to explore Jira Product Discovery but also heard about the Advanced Roadmap. Now got a bit of confused.

Any key differences between the two product? Or any suggestion for their use case?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Zoey Wang
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2024

Hi @Bakhtawar Tanveer 

It truly depends on what kind of activity/plan you are working on. 

Here is an article written by Atlassian team, though it’s two years old, it takes time for users to understand and deploy in the real world.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-articles/The-relationship-between-Jira-Product-Discovery-Jira-Software/ba-p/2186837

"JPD helps with Discovery of problems for instance whereas Advanced roadmap as a feature of Jira Software focuses on the Delivery side of projects. "

A little summary here

JPD  Advanced Roadmap
 Focus  Discovery of problems/ideas etc - why  Delivery of projects - how
 Stakeholders  Different levels  People committing to the project on the delivery level
Type Product Feature (of Jira Software)
Cost Creators - billable Available in Jira Premium and Enterprise
Bakhtawar Tanveer March 13, 2024

Thanks for that!

2 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2024

Hi @Bakhtawar Tanveer ,

As a product leader, I will choose to use JPD for annual and quarterly OKR splits, product planning, and investment return analysis.

After everything is in place, I will work with the technical team to use Jira Plan(advanced roadmap) for portfolio project management, resource scheduling, correlation analysis and dependency analysis.

Bakhtawar Tanveer March 14, 2024

Pretty helpful. Thanks! 

Like Carrie Bonnell likes this
0 votes
Michelle Melancon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2024

@Bakhtawar Tanveer  Hey there!

When we're helping customers roll out AR one of the big questions is where the work is coming from in your organization. JPD fits in nicely in the starting spot for vetting out the ideation phase and prioritizing deliverables based on data points.  Those ideas can then be converted to initiative or features to be planned and tracked in Plans.

We're working on a solution guide on this topic. I'll keep you posted when It's available but if you have any other questions let me know. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events