Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Roadmaps Viewer permissions

Rieter Essential
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 21, 2024

Dear community,

we have a Data Center license for 500 users (divided into dozens or a hundred groups). Part of our license is the Advanced Roadmaps plugin for JIRA.

My goal is to enable this plugin as View only (Advanced Roadmaps Viewer) for all users by default (since it's already paid). I thought that it should be visible for all by default, but I realized and tested that it is not. In our case, setting c. 100-200 groups manually is very impractical, because it shows groups from all user directories, you can select just 1 at a time (there is no option to tick them), the view is limited to 50 results only and we would have to add a new one once created. We don't have any group like jira-all, where all licensed users would be assigned (because it's unmanageable).

Is there any way how to make it work for us?

Thank you very much.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2024

Hi @Rieter Essential 

I know you state you don't have a group for all licensed users - but that's the simplest solution.

Why is it unmanageable to have a Group where users are all added when they're licensed, and removed again if not?

This could be the default access Group, for example.

Ste

Rieter Essential
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 22, 2024

Hi Stephen,

thank you for your answer. We used to have it in the past but then realized it was not ideal for us. The reason for that is simple -> currently, we have 3 user directories (for internal and external users) and the whole user assignment or removal depends on DevOps + IT + superiors + HR so the whole process can be a bit long (up to 2 months). And I probably forgot some other reasons I can't remember right now.

Another point of view...since the plugin is automatically enabled in a paid Data Center license, wouldn't be better to make it visible by default for all licensed users (because we have already paid for it, all users should be able to use it and benefit from it, right?)? Because each plan can be restricted for View/Edit, only non-restricted ones would be visible, but it's fully in the hands of Plans admins. In case a user is interested in Advanced Roadmaps User permission to create/edit a plan, I could add him to a corresponding group like "jira-plans-user" (or whatever name).

That means we would need to handle just several/tens/max. dozens of users instead of 500, this would be much easier and more practical. :)

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2024

Hi @Rieter Essential 

I can see your point, but it's not how it works as of now.

I'd at least try to get to a Group per directory, if this is simpler. Otherwise it might require manual setting.

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events