Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I update the Advanced Roadmaps app in our Jira server

IT Admin Helia Australia July 26, 2023

Hello,

The current installed version of Advanced Roadmaps for Jira on our Jira server is 8.20.8, which matches the version of the Jira server. We are wondering if there is a way to update the app independently without updating the Jira server. Alternatively, is it necessary to update the Jira server so that when the server gets updated, the app also gets updated automatically?

1 comment

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2023

@IT Admin Helia Australia -

If you are referring to server env (Data Center), then if I can recalled that a while ago that Advanced Roadmaps for Jira became a part of the Jira Software application as an application component instead of a separate add-on.

Since then, you will no longer able to have AR for Jira in a different version than your Jira Software application.  When you upgrade your Jira Software version, your AR for Jira will be upgraded at the same time.  Their versions will be the same.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

IT Admin Helia Australia July 26, 2023

Thanks, Joseph. That answers my question. Although my environment is Jira Server, we can consider it as a single-node Jira Data Center, right?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2023

@IT Admin Helia Australia -

Yes, you should be able to do so.  As you know that Atlassian will stop supporting server env (EOL) in Feb, 2024, so you should start your planning to move to Data Center soon.  If you look at Atlassian Marketplace that many third party vendors are also focusing their add-ons developments against Data Center and Cloud envs only.

For env upgrade, I would also recommend you to contact Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) for further assistance.

If my suggestions helped you, please click on Answer accepted when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events