Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependency Report: NEW improvements shipped recently

Update (10/13/23):

Check out the latest addition to Dependency report improvements: Embed your dependency report onto Confluence pages!

Hey everyone,

As we roll into the new Financial Year, it’s now more important than ever to check your network of dependencies and plan ahead so they don’t turn into nasty surprises.

So I’m keen to share with you some new grouping and filtering options we’ve recently shipped for the Advanced Roadmaps Dependency Report. Using these recently shipped features, you can slice-and-dice the Dependency report to provide the focused visibility you need.

New Grouping options

Based on the feedback we’ve received from customers we’ve added three additional grouping options to the Dependency report:

Group by Project

image-20230706-042337.png

Group by Epic (hierarchy-level)

image-20230706-042458.png

Group story-level issues by their Epic-level parent.

Group by Sprint

image-20230706-042545.png

New Filter options

For especially complex plans with countless dependencies, filters are invaluable to sift through the network and focus on the blockers that are relevant to you. We’ve listened to your feedback and added two new filters that help you isolate and drill into specific sets of dependencies.

Filter by Projects

image-20230706-042719.png

Filter by Sprints

image-20230706-043046.png

Particularly useful in combination with grouping options

These features, along with general design and usability improvements, make the Dependency report more useful than ever. In the future, we plan to ship even more improvements for the Dependency report so keep an eye out for them.

If you don't have access to this report, consider trailing Advanced Roadmaps for Jira Software Premium today!

Happy planning!

11 comments

Joanna Maciag July 6, 2023

Looks as great feature ! Any plans to backport it to JIRA Data Center ?

Like # people like this
Bryce Lord
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2023

This looks great, love these new features!

Are there any plans to include "Not In This Plan" Dependencies (Dependencies where one of the issues is within the plan, but the other linked issue is not) within the Dependency Report?

Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 8.24.08 AM.png

Currently, they appear in the timeline view, but it's always been a sticking point with clients that they don't also appear in the Dependency Report.

Like # people like this
Dan Tombs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2023

@Bryce Lord that is a great one. When we thinking of cross team dependencies that are probably not working in same projects or plans etc. It can often be a little hard to visualise these. I'd love to see something implemented.

Like # people like this
Dan Tombs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2023

@Rhys Christian is there any ability to group and filter higher up the hierarchy and not just at epic level?

Like # people like this
BrosseauDamien _Consultant_ July 20, 2023

One of the main issue I see in advance roadmap, is that you can't group using 2 conditions (ex. group version AND sprint, group by projet AND team,...). That would make a big difference. But these new improvements are welcome !

Like # people like this
Charles Fox July 20, 2023

Is this available for Jira Software?  I don't see a plans dropdown tab, but I'm not sure if this is due to my account settings or if this new feature is only for some project types.

Like # people like this
Elizabeth Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2023

Wonderful!

Like ronald_bergmann likes this
James Keirstead July 20, 2023

Is this report also available in your work management module?

Like ronald_bergmann likes this
Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2023

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for sharing your feedback and requests for improvement. We're collecting them and will consider for further enhancements. 

I'll help clarify to some of the questions raised:

@Joanna Maciag - These improvements aren't expected to go to DC anytime soon unfortunately. I recognise DC has been left behind recently with some improvements. However we're kicking off some further development on the DC side soon so you should see benefits start to ramp up there, and the dependency report is likely an area that the DC team will aim to close the gap.

@Bryce Lord - Great suggestion! Indeed this is a gap we'd like to fill. This is a bit of a challenge because we only load that "not in plan" issue when you click on the badge to show that flyout. Would it be sufficient for you to similarly show in the report somehow that "there is an external dependency to this issue" and needing to click on that to reveal it?

@Dan Tombs - The group for Epic-level only currently supports that hierarchy level. We're interested to extend this in the future but would be interested in your take on this. Do you think that sub-groups would be also needed to support the visibility you need for grouping Initiatives? (i.e within the Initiative group are Epic groups to collect the stories). We're thinking this challenge might need to be addressed before we can support higher levels. 

@BrosseauDamien _Consultant_ - I love this suggestion of sub-groups as another way to cross-examine issues. Are you suggesting this for the Timeline view or Dependency report view (or both)?

@Charles Fox - Yes this should be available with Jira Software Premium. If you have the "Plans" button then that should imply that you have Premium. Note this is a view inside of a Plan that would need to first be created.

@James Keirstead - No sorry, this isn't part of Jira Work Management. This is only available as part of the Advanced Roadmaps experience. That said, you can use JWM work with Advanced Roadmaps (if you have Jira Software Premium) and those work items can be represented in this Dependency map. 

Thanks again for all your feedback. The team is stoked to hear your thoughts and suggestions!

Cheers,

Like # people like this
Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2023

Hey everyone,

just want to let you know about the latest addition to Dependency report improvements: Embed your dependency report onto Confluence pages!

Adam Risser October 13, 2023

@Rhys ChristianWould love for the dependency view to be grouped by initiative. Our larger dependency reports are a mess since liked items are not grouped.

Like Phlip Borgnes likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events