Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View all linked issues associated with a ticket in Portfolio

Luke September 16, 2021

Hi all,

I've recently restructured our Jira space so that we can utilize Portfolio (server). It looks like this:

Initiative

Epic

User Story

In Portfolio, I am attempting to show not only the tickets that are "Epic Linked" to an Epic in my project, but also ALL the tickets that are associated with, blocked by, or otherwise linked in some way to those Epics. Not every team "Epic Links" their tickets to ours, they usually just use the default "associated with" linking.

If I go to "Issue Sources", and add in another project, their Initiatives, Epics etc all sit at the same level as mine. I would like to avoid that since it just shows them sitting at the same level, and not what Epic they are "under". Ideally it would look like this:

Epic (A-1)

User Story (A-2)

User Story (B-1)

User Story (C-1)

Is there a way to show this within Portfolio?
Let me know.

Thanks!

3 answers

1 vote
Stephen Chasey December 9, 2021

Structure for Jira can do this using the "Linked issues" extender.

0 votes
Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2021

What you would have is:

• Epic
    • Story under that epic

Issue without parents

• Story from another project without epic
  • Story from another project without epic

If you describe what the epics represent, it might be easier to provide suggestions that might be a solution. It sounds like you need something above Epic that act as the container for the issues you want to see, but it all depend on your need.

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2021

@Luke -

As far as I know "Advanced Roadmap for Jira" doesn't support issues links via ISSUE LINKS functionality for display in the plan.

The plan also will display issue association based on the issue hierarchy setup -

Example -

Initiative

>> Epic

>>> Story/Tasks

>>>> Sub-task

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events