Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use calculate schedule in advanced roadmap for unestimated issues?

Josh Borgen August 31, 2021

I have an advanced roadmap plan based on a JQL filter.  Some epics have unestimated stories that I want to include in plan and use the "calculate schedule" feature.

How do I set default estimate for unestimated stories/tasks?  I see Jira Server supports this, but I am Jira cloud and cannot find a similar setting.

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2021

Hello @Josh Borgen ,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community.

For the first portion relating to estimating at the epics, this is covered in the Documentation "Auto-schedule issues in Advanced Roadmaps", noting:

When working with Scrum teams, the Auto-schedulerwill not change or assign sprint values for issues at the epic level and higher. To avoid duplicating values and issues, we recommend that you only estimate issues at the story level, and that you show rolled-up values in your plan.

Next, the Default Estimation units you are looking for in the auto-scheduler were part of the Live Plan view, however, the Advanced Roadmaps Live Plans on Jira Cloud have been deprecated from the application as of July 31st, 2021,  the full details can be seen here:

So moving forward I would recommend that you use the in-application feedback option that is located in the upper right of the screen under the question mark "?" help icon >> "Give Feedback"  and noting how this missing feature is impacting your current workflow and usability of the application so that we can get the feedback to the product team in the most efficient manner.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events