Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Jira Data center support SSO for OpenID Connect Single Sign-On ?

Raju PSR December 16, 2021

I am using JIRA data center 8.20.14 version. Does it supports "OpenID Connect Single Sign-On" ? is it part of Data Center versions ?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ole Kristian Aune _ Kantega SSO December 16, 2021

Hi Raju,

While SSO using SAML is available for both Server and Data Center, OpenID Connect is only available on the Data Center products. This is mentioned here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/sso-for-atlassian-data-center-and-server-applications-990546150.html

You can find more information on OpenID Connect on the Data Center products here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/openid-connect-for-atlassian-data-center-applications-987142159.html

If you want to use OpenID Connect on Jira Server, you would have to look into one of the third party apps that offers this on the Marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=server&product=jira&query=oidc

Regards,
Ole Kristian

PS. I represent Kantega SSO, one of the top vendors for SSO solutions on the Atlassian Marketplace.

Raju PSR December 16, 2021

Thank you for your valid information.

0 votes
Mahima_miniOrange_SSO
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 16, 2021

Hello Raju,

Unfortunately, Atlassian does not provide In-built SSO functionality for Server versions of JIRA. 

However, you can use the third-party Add-Ons available on the Atlassian Marketplace. I suggest you use this JIRA OAuth SSO Add-On by miniOrange. It supports multiple OAuth/OIDC providers along with Custom Open ID Connect App. 

Feel free to reach out at atlassiansupport@xecurify.com OR raise a support ticket for any queries.

P.S- I work for miniOrange, one of the best SSO vendors on the Atlassian Marketplace

Thanks,
Mahima

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2021

Hello Mahima,

Thank you for providing your app as a solution. Please note the Atlassian Community online guidelines for Marketplace and Solution Partners.

Identify yourself as a partner: Make sure the user is aware you are affiliated with a partner company; for example, by placing the name of your company in your user name in {curly brackets} or -dashes-

I see you state in your reply you work for miniOrange, but kindly update your public name to reflect that.

Take care, and thank you for participating in Atlassian Community!

Shannon | Atlassian Cloud Support

Mahima_miniOrange_SSO
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 21, 2021

Hi @Shannon S,

Thank you for reminding me the community guidelines. I really appreciate your friendly approach.

I have changed the name which include my company name as well. Hope it follows the guidelines now. 

Wishing you merry Christmas! :)

Raju PSR November 15, 2022

Atlassian providing In-built SSO functionality for Data center versions of JIRA without using any Plug-In ?

Like Mahima_miniOrange_SSO likes this
Mahima_miniOrange_SSO
Marketplace Partner
November 16, 2022

Hello @Raju PSR 

Atlassian supports basic functionalities for DC versions, you can check this out.

In case you want advanced features for Data Center SSO, miniOrange's SSO add-on will be a right fit for you.

Incase you have any more questions you can reach out to me on mahima@xecurify.com or atlassiansupport@xecurify.com for any additional help.

I'll be more than happy to help!

Cheers,
Mahima

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events