Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced roadmaps cross-project

Thayne Munson September 13, 2021

I am trying to use the Advanced Roadmaps cross-project functionality.  I have 2 jira projects (WD-xxxx & SYS-xxxx).  Each project has work that has to be coordinated into a single release due to code dependencies.  Each jira project also has its associated roadmaps plan (plan-WD, plan-SYS).  How do I create the dependency between the WB and the SYS releases so that it can be viewed as single release with in roadmaps.  I have gone through all the steps of setting up the cross-project release in each plan but I don't see the connection between the plans.  Am I confusing 'Jira Project' with actual 'Work Projects'? I am assuming I can have a cross-project release between 2+ Jira projects.  Thanks.  

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2021

Jira projects are just containers, and they do not have to be related to actual projects. I often set up Jira projects based on systems for systemic organization of work and documentation, but you can use it anyway you want.

The reason you have issues is that you do not have an overall plan. Create a master plan with both projects so you can see the issues in both. In that plan, you create the cross project release. This way, you can also set dependencies between activities in both projects to make sure the timelines align.

I hope that helps?

Thayne Munson September 15, 2021

Thanks Jimi.  That's helpful. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2021

What @Jimi Wikman says......or if you want to create a Plan for just the release then create a filter or 2 to just filter in the issues associated with the relevant releases, then create the Cross project release in there. Thus creating a Plan especially designed for this piece of work.

JQL (along the lines of):

fixVersion in (Release WDxxx, Release Sysxxx)
Thayne Munson September 15, 2021

Thanks for JQL Curt.  

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events