Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced roadmap sprints don't fit with backlog sprints

Marcelo Gallego September 8, 2021

Hi floks!

It seems I have a problem with Advanced Roadmap.

I have this Plan configured with two boards, SS and SIX. Each one come from a different Jira Project.

Captura de pantalla 2021-09-08 a las 10.21.35.png

Captura de pantalla 2021-09-08 a las 10.21.07.png

Captura de pantalla 2021-09-08 a las 10.22.32.pngCaptura de pantalla 2021-09-08 a las 10.22.23.png

There are 3 problems:

1) As you can see, the current sprint appears cutted, and as much as I struggle about it, I can't figure out why.

2) The sprints SP allocated don't fit with backlog sprint estimates: Look the examples of OCT 1/2 and OCT 2/2

3) Dates also don't fit: Look again OCT 1/2 and OCT 2/2.

Does anybody any idea about what's is going on here?? I'm going crazy :S

Thanks in advance

2 answers

1 vote
Sara Hekmat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2021

Hi Marcelo,

Can you open Oct 1/2 sprint flyout (move the mouse on the sprint bar in the Advanced Roadmaps timeline to show the flyout) and share the screenshot of the sprint properties here.  

Also, I would recommend that you raise a support request (via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ ). Creating a support request will yield a faster response as a Support Engineer will be better placed to assist you here.

Regards,

Sara

Marcelo Gallego September 9, 2021

Hi Sara,

Thanks for your answer. I've just opened a ticket to Atlassian.

This is the flyout.

Regards.

Captura de pantalla 2021-09-09 a las 11.16.12.png

Sara Hekmat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2021

Hey Marcelo, 

The screenshot doesn't show the sprint properties. But don't worry, it's better to not share your plan info here, you might want to remove the screenshot ;)

Thanks for creating the support ticket, I am sure our support team can assist you with the issue.

Regards,

Sara

Like Marcelo Gallego likes this
1 vote
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2021

Hi

It is hard to tell without having access to your projects and backlogs, but I've seen something like this before and the answer was; due to the Exclude any completed issues after = XX days (in the Exclusion rules section of the plans configuration) the completed work wasn't considered part of the plan, thus the discrepancy.

In that case they had a very small completed window (only 3 days), changing it back to 30 days resolved the issue. 

Marcelo Gallego September 9, 2021

Hi Curt, and thanks for your reply.

I followed your advices and setup it in 30 days

Captura de pantalla 2021-09-09 a las 11.05.34.png

It changed from 355 to 461 issues, but now the problem is still pretty similar. The view looks like that

Captura de pantalla 2021-09-09 a las 11.07.32.png

Captura de pantalla 2021-09-09 a las 11.09.21.png

The problem seems in SS-3381 goal issue. I've added it to the right team and no sprint, but nothing.
:S

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2021

I notice in your Exclusions there are some issue types being excluded, that could be part of the problem as well. Try removing them from the exclusion list and see what happens

Like Marcelo Gallego likes this
Marcelo Gallego September 10, 2021

Hi Curt. I didn't but still nothing. Finally I've followed the Sara advices and I've opened a support ticket. Thanks for your help!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events