Will deleting a fix version also delete the issues related to that particular version?

Saltanat Khan August 17, 2021

If I want to delete a fix version, will that also delete the issues related to that particular version?
Would I be able to view the issues in the backlog.
I have already deleted a couple of unreleased versions from Jira and moved their tasks to the current one. I am a bit apprehensive about deleting the ongoing one as am afraid it might delete the jira tasks already assigned to it.

1 comment

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2021

Hi @Saltanat Khan - Deleting a version will not delete any issues, but will remove the value from fix version or affect version or any other version picker fields. It might also break any workflow conditions,post-functions, validators or any other automations. 

You could test it by creating a test version and add it to one of your test issues. Delete the version and you should see the issue, but not the version on the issue. Hope that helps.

Like Tuncay Senturk likes this
Saltanat Khan August 18, 2021

Thanks @Niranjan After deleting the version all my issues were present in the backlog however, I had an issue creating new tasks as it was giving an error of affects version. To resolve it I changed the field configuration of affects version to Hide and issue was resolved. Thanks.

Like Niranjan likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events