Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Community Makurdi Event Recap

Lewis Tanguhwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2023

Last Week Saturday on the 25th of March 2023, Atlassian Community Makurdi had an event themed Manage Your tasks efficiently with Jira.  The event held successfully with two awesome speakers and sessions.

The first speaker walked the audience on using Jira, starting from the basics and connecting with the automation provided by Jira on comparison with traditional or manual means of keeping up with tasks. Of course there was time for some hands on showing.

The Second speaker spoke about Jira Security, enlightening the audience how Jira backups and recoveries are important using GitProtect. The good things is the backup was not just limited to Jira but Bitbucket also and very soon Confluence also would be added to the long list. The highlight for me was the fact that Backups could be taken faster in between rather the Standard 48 hours.

I still had some not pleasant experiences as some attendees could not join the Bevy Virtual event links via their mobile, and for me it is twice beaten now, so next virtual event I am making the switch to zoom and for the foreseeable feature. Unfortunately I have never tried the Bevy platform on mobile so didn't have prior knowledge of any potential difficulties. The good part is I was able to record the sessions

For the Icebreaker session there was a kahoot session with questions culled out from the two sessions and of course we got our winners and they smiled home with the tremendous gift cards.

Up next for the community is an event based on confluence, my sincere hope is for my community is to get more people enlightened about Confluence and the wealth of Knowledge it brings together via power documentation features. Some people from my community have never used confluence or know it's capabilities, hopefully  all this changes come April 29th.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events