Multiple SSH Keys Not Working

quizwedge March 3, 2013

When I add a repository to SourceTree, the key works. The problem is that when I check a file in it always wants to use my personal email address instead of my work email address in the Author field. Is there a way to have it use my work address for work projects and my personal email address for personal projects automatically? My work projects are through slsapp.com and my personal projects are through bitbucket.

I've turned off "Allow SourceTree to modify your global Mercurial and Git configuration files" though that was on before.

ssh-add -l shows both SSH account.

Below is a modified version of my .ssh/config:

Host slsapp.com

Hostname slsapp.com

IdentityFile ~/.ssh/mykey

User name@example.com

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2013

This is to do with your git/hg configuration, in Git for example, you can do "git config user.email 'whoever@wherever.com'" and it'll use that for whichever repository you set the configuration option and it'll use that email address for that repository. Perhaps check your global/local configs to see what they have set? (By the way, user.name is the other configuration setting in Git). For Mercurial it's in the .hgrc file where the settings are "username" and "email". This could be located in ~/.hgrc unless you use more localised one per repository. Do "ls -a" at the terminal when browsed to your repository to see if it's there.

Take a look and let us know, happy to help further on this one!

quizwedge March 3, 2013

Thanks! Should have asked here first.

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2013

If this answer worked, could you pretty please mark it as answered? It just helps me manage questions easier :) Thanks very much!

quizwedge March 4, 2013

Sorry, thought I had. I tried again. If it's still not marked as answered, please let me know what I should do.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events