Atlassian Community event (AUG event) - 21 June

Jamie Lowe May 27, 2019

Our next Atlassian Community event (AUG event) has just been scheduled for 21 June. Jump onto the Atlassian Community event page and you’ll be able to RSVP now - https://aug.atlassian.com/events/details/atlassian-wellington-presents-atlassian-whats-new-and-whats-coming-soon

2 comments

Comment

Ragesh Nair May 29, 2019

Hi Jamie, will the event be streamed online. I am from Auckland and would love to attend the event.

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 12, 2019

We are not streaming our events at this stage. 

Let us know if there are particular agenda items you are interested in and I'll send you an update after the event.

Have you joined the NZ-wide Slack group @Ragesh Nair ?

Ragesh Nair June 13, 2019

Hi @Kat Warner,

Thanks for the information. I was looking for what's new in Atlassian, especially in Jira tools area. Please let me know if you can publish the presentation after the event.

I have not joined the Slack group. Could you please forward me the link to the same.

Thanks,

Ragesh

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 13, 2019
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
June 23, 2019

Atlassian - what's new and what's coming soon

Atlassian Summit 2019 Recap

#1 highlight - SWAG. Also known as 'stuff we all get', is a fun part of any expo experience.

• There were over 1000 vendors and 5000 attendees.
  • The top tip I learnt was for Tempo in Jira  Duplicate Tempo timesheet entries (like daily standup) by holding down the Option/Windows key and dragging the entry you want to copy to the place you want to copy it to.
  • The Cloud platforms are on a path to be able to support Enterprise-sized organisations.
  • Enterprise releases will be announced in advanced.
  • Enterprise releases only apply to Confluence, Jira Software and Jira Service Desk. The enterprise recommendation for Bitbucket is n-1 based on the minor version (i.e. the latest release is Bitbucket Server 6.2 and the enterprise recommended version is Bitbucket Server 6.1).

Latest versions

• Confluence 6.15, Jira Software 8.2, and Jira Service Desk 4.2 are the latest version releases.
  • Confluence 6.13, Jira Software 7.13, and Jira Service Desk 3.16 are the current enterprise releases.
  • Jira Software 8.5 & Jira Service Desk 4.5 are targeting Q3 2019.

Note: Upgrades have been recommended by Atlassian in security advisories in the last 6 months:

• March 2019, Sourcetree (CVE-2018-20234, CVE-2018-20235, CVE-2018-17456, and CVE-2018-20236)
  • March 2019, Confluence Server (CVE-2019-3395 and CVE-2019-3396)
  • April 2019, Confluence Server (CVE-2019-3398)
  • May 2019, Crowd and Crowd Data Center (CVE-2019-11580)
  • May 2019, Bitbucket Data Center (CVE-2019-3397)

Product Updates from Atlassian

What shipped in April

April saw the new platform release for Portfolio for 3.0 Server and Data Center. We also saw feature releases on our new platforms for Jira Software, Jira Service Desk and Bitbucket. Read on for more details.

What shipped in May

Atlassian shipped feature releases for JSW, JSD, Portfolio, and Bitbucket in May, continuing to build on their new platform releases along with EOLs for Bitbucket and Confluence

What Atlassian are expecting to ship in June:

In June Atlassian are expecting to ship updates for Portfolio, Jira Software and Jira Service desk. As a reminder, this is only insight into what we are planning and is not a confirmation.

• Portfolio for Jira 3.3 - Server & Data Center
  • Jira Software 8.3 - Server & Data Center (including the general release of Jira Server mobile apps)
  • Jira Service Desk 4.3 - Server & Data Center

Group discussions

Multiple topics were discussed in three separate groups. A common topic was advantages/disadvantages of moving from Jira Server to Jira Cloud.

Please join us for our next meeting.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events