alert API integration on Opsgenie

mohammedr August 18, 2019

Hi all,

I am new in Opsgenie. I have been told to implement the Alert API in Opsgenie.  Can anyone help me please? Do you know how/ have you implemented the Alert API in Opsgenie?  If you know any documentation or can guide me on how to do will be very much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 comments

Comment

Daniel Fietta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2019

Hi @mohammedr,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

First of all, the Community has a dedicated area for Opsgenie topics: Opsgenie community

To your question: Alerts in Opsgenie can be created in different ways, like emails, webhooks, etc. One way is to use the REST API. Here is a link to the documentation on how to set up the Alert API: Alert API Documentation

What are you trying to connect via the API? Maybe there is already an existing out-of-the-box integration available. Have a look at the "Integration List" in Opsgenie first!

Best regards,
Daniel
STAGIL

Like Erica Moss likes this
mohammedr August 19, 2019

Thanks Daniel for your response.

However I need to know, how to implement those APIs in Opsgenie.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Moahmmed

Daniel Fietta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2019

I see that you want to get notified when the application is down. Why don't you set up heartbeats? This might be the easiest solution in your case. You can either set up a heartbeat via API (Heartbeat API Documentation) or simply have your application send emails to Opsgenie to recognize the heartbeat.

Best,
Daniel
STAGIL

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2019

@mohammedr Just wanted to say welcome! Looks like Daniel pointed you in the right direction, so I hope you find what you're looking for. 😄

mohammedr August 19, 2019

Hi Erica,

Thanks.

Honestly, I am lost. everywhere they talk about the API. But what I really need to know how do I implement that API in Opsgenie. 

We have some web applications( Ex: http://web1.zenithss.com/wsms2push/TesterServlet). What I want to do is configure an alert in Opsgenie so that when this application is down, we can be notified. If needed we can setup a rest service in the server, which will provide the status of the application when it is called. Currently, we have some Perl scripts that do the job and send us email when the application is down. Any kind of suggestion/help will be highly appreciable.

Mohammed

Dzevka8 August 19, 2019

REQUIRED FINANCIAL AID FOR THOSE, THANKS

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events