Welcome watercooler: Say hello 👋🏼

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2018

giphy

Greetings! If you've landed on this thread, you're likely new to the Atlassian Community, and we're very glad you're here.

This is a great space to introduce yourself and offer up a fun fact (or three), as well as share what you hope to get out of your experience in the Atlassian Community. Don't be shy — we're all friends here. 😎

83 comments

Comment

Simon Atkin October 12, 2018

Hi,

I've adopted the Jira admin role at my company because no-one else was doing it, and someone had to! I come from a developer background (30+ years), but moved into BA and now Head of QA role. Currently looking after the test, and (temporarily) dev teams.

Finally got my head round all the Jira config and have different workflows and projects set up for our various teams.

Always interested to learn more about Jira setup.

Interested to see the new agility templates, but they quite have all the features we use yet, so will probably wait a while before adopting them.

Fun fact: in 2011 I set a world record for the fastest half marathon in a Scout uniform (it's since been broken).

Simon Atkin
IMImobile Intelligent Networks

Like # people like this
Phill Erdsneker September 20, 2019

Simon, that's how it usually happens. No one wants to do it, so I always jump at it.

Like # people like this
Udit Tandon August 29, 2021

hello

Like # people like this
Nguyen Tuan Anh October 21, 2021

Hi

Like # people like this
LeKisha Boswell June 29, 2022

Welcome Simon! Impressive background! I'm interested in you have developed your skills over the years. Likewise, I am a self-taught former Jira Admin.

Thanks for sharing,

LeKisha-

Like # people like this
Kelvin Shitakhwa November 9, 2022

Hello!

Like # people like this
Mahamud nahid March 13, 2023

hello

Like # people like this
Mikayla Roberts
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2018

Hey new users, welcome to the Community!! Please feel free to introduce yourself down below and offer up one fun fact about yourself just so everyone can get to know each other a little better here :) @Henk Plugge @Prajakta Ashok Ganage @Matt Campion @sai tai @Bob Carter @Katherine Niendorf @Lojana @Asdrubal Ramon Lugo Ramirez @Sohail Haque @Janine Jackson @Brandon Hodgson @Yakov Felikman @Ravali chowdary  

Like # people like this
Ebe September 1, 2022

Hello  Community,  I am an absolute beginner , did not get a chance before. I like it so far.  Fun fact as far as QA goes: I keep looking for cracks in the code....

Like # people like this
Janine Jackson October 12, 2018

Hi everyone,

I'm a technical writer that recently joined a software company with open-source software, which is a first for me. Twenty plus years at an insurance software company with more traditional client-server and some cloud offerings somewhat prepared me but it's a challenging environment and I'm learning some great new skills. Among them are Atlassian Confluence, the tool used for all documentation at the company, and Jira.

I've used Help development systems in the past and all kinds of layout and content management tools. I want to learn and enjoy using Confluence and help my team deliver its best to our clients.  

At the moment I'm based in Maine, USA but am pleased and delighted to learn that there's an Atlassian user group near where I'll be living by Spring of next year, the Pioneer Valley in Southern New England. It's like it's meant to be. 

Am looking forward to becoming a big fan Confluence and the Atlassian Community. 

Janine Jackson
BriteCore 

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2018

@Janine Jackson Maine has been on my t-do list for such a long time — if for nothing else, I need a legit lobster roll. 😎 Always glad to meet a former writer, too (I was a journalist in a past life.) Be sure to check out the Jira and Confluence collections, and show us the view outside your window.

Like # people like this
Karen O'Keefe January 4, 2019

Hi Janine. I'm in the same boat you are (but I'm in Portland, OR). Technical writer, software/IT group, moving to Confluence.

Fun facts about me:

• Chanted at a temple in San Diego in college (for free meal that happened after). The temple was shared by Buddhists and Hare Krishnas. I was Hare Krishna on Hare Krishna days and Buddhist on Buddhist days. Mainly I was hungry.
  • I have flown a plane, climbed a mountain, surfed, skiied (both kinds), piloted a boat in the open ocean, and now I mainly sit around and read (from all my injuries). It was fun while it lasted.
  • Favorite food: Yorkshire pudding.
Like # people like this
Stephanie Grice
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 7, 2019

Hi @Karen O'Keefe! While I have not flown a plane nor have I piloted a boat, I live in Portland, too! Did you know we have a Portland Group on this community and a Portland User Group that has meet-ups around the city?? Perhaps we will meet in person one day! Nice to meet you and welcome :)

Like # people like this
Karen O'Keefe May 24, 2019

Hi @Stephanie Grice

I just proposed we have a get together in that very group!

Like # people like this
Mikayla Roberts
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2018

Hey new users, welcome to the Community!! Please feel free to introduce yourself down below and discuss a special talent or hobby you have,  just so everyone can get to know each other a little better here :) @Shruti Date @MARGARET CHANDLER @Stephen Williamson @Abhijit Kumar @Abdullahi Aliyu @bunyabansueakham 

Like # people like this
Francisco A. R. Vivas October 16, 2018

Hello!

I have started here because I have some problems adopting Bitbucket and its communication with other environment in my business and, as @Simon Atkin says, no one else wanted to do it.

Best regards,

Francisco.

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2018

@Francisco A. R. Vivas Cheers to stepping up to the plate! Be sure to browse the Bitbucket collection for inspiration, and share the view outside your window. 😎

Like # people like this
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2018

Welcome everyone!

We will be upgrading our JIRA CORE environment to CORE and Software. Will be reaching out to all you JIRA SMEs in the near future!

"Don't go chasing spider-webs"

Like # people like this
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2018

New Community Members,

Just a personal note: training.atlassian.com is a great way to learn these products.

I just took (and hopefully passed) the Confluence Content Management exam. Confirmed some things I already knew while also learned new things (like undefined pages).

• Training.atlassian.com also offers free tutorials, I highly recommend these!

Regards,

Jonathan

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2018

@Jonathan Smith Great tip — thanks, Jonathan!

Like # people like this
Mikayla Roberts
Atlassian Team
October 19, 2018

Hey new users, welcome to the Community!! Please feel free to introduce yourself down below and tell us why you joined, and also offer up one fun fact about yourself just so we can get to know each other a little better here:)  @JW Yang @Shelley_Smith-Woods @Nguyen viet thao @Sevval @William Taack @Barbara L'Homme @Edward Koh @Nikki @Mahesh Vijayan Chulliparambil @Anthony David @0322419 @Nichole Page @Alison Lauri @melsorrells2 @Francisco A. R. Vivas @Esma Gozubuyuk @Ramneev Kumar @Hayley Young 

Like # people like this
Cliff Perea October 24, 2018

Hi,

I recently started a new company as a scrum master and will be using Jira for the first time. I am looking forward to learning more about the tool and getting great insights from other users on it as well. There are features within it that I can already see I will need to get used to compared to other tools I have used in the past, but it's always good to learn something new. 

Cliff

Like Craig Nodwell likes this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2019

@Cliff Perea Welcome, welcome! Be sure to check out the Jira collection here, and feel free to ask any questions you may have. 😄 And why not show us the view outside your office?

Like # people like this
Cliff Perea January 7, 2019

Hi Erica,

Thank you for the welcome and I do have a question for you. Is there a third party app that allows for team capacity to be added into sprints? I want to be able to add the daily hours that each of my team members work and any days that they may be out of the office during the sprint. I don't see the ability within Jira, so I was hoping that a third party app exists for this. Any help you can give me would be much appreciated. I will see about taking a picture of outside my office.

Thanks again,

Cliff

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2019

@Cliff Perea That would be a great question to post in the Jira collection, as you'll find a group of experts there who have a lot more experience than I do. 😄

Like # people like this
Cliff Perea January 8, 2019

Hi Erica,

How do I get to the Jira collection area to post my question, because I have posted my question to the community in the past and I haven't received any decent feedback with anyone identifying a third party app that would handle what I am looking for. Any additional help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Cliff

Mikayla Roberts
Atlassian Team
October 26, 2018

Hey new users, welcome to the Community!! Please feel free to introduce yourself down below and tell us why you joined, and also offer up one fun fact about yourself just so we can get to know each other a little better here:)  @Sai Chaitanya Gatreddi Venkata @Meni Nuriel 

Like # people like this
Mikayla Roberts
Atlassian Team
November 30, 2018

Hey new users, welcome to the Community!! Please feel free to introduce yourself down below and tell us why you joined, and also offer up one fun fact about yourself just so we can get to know each other a little better here:) @Ana Kondratenko @Jojo @Louanne Wright @Naresh Karre

Like # people like this
Joachim Weichert December 18, 2018

Hi, I'm a graphic designer and have not very much expierance with coding and programming software. My Job ixs UX/UI. Our firm now has started working with JIRA and confluence. And that's why I am here: to learn more about our new tool. And I hope you can help my possibly if have questions - and I'm sure I will have.     :-) 

Thanks and all the best for 2019.  Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 19, 2018

@Joachim Weichert, welcome to the community! We're definitely here to help. :) 

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2018

We're glad you're here, @Joachim Weichert!

Like # people like this
Mariano March 19, 2021

beste Grüße aus Wien! 🖖

Mikayla Roberts
Atlassian Team
December 21, 2018

Hey new users, welcome to the Community!! Please feel free to introduce yourself down below and tell us why you joined, and also offer up one fun fact about yourself just so we can get to know each other a little better here:)  @Luke @Thien Linh Viet @Ana Kondratenko 

Like # people like this
Nishanth Thimmareddy _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 26, 2018

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I just got started on the Atlassian ecosystem as Product Manager at Appfire for BobSwift suite. I have an experience working with JIRA as an end-user running large agile projects and to some extent of JIRA administration/ add-ons before starting my stint at Appfire.

I look forward to learning & contributing to this ever growing Atlassian Community in my own capacity and move forward to expertise in JIRA and Confluence to build great Apps.

Happy Holidays and 2019 to each of you.

Regards,

Nishanth T

Appfire

Like # people like this
Mikayla Roberts
Atlassian Team
December 27, 2018

@Nishanth Thimmareddy _Appfire_ Welcome, we're glad your here!!

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 31, 2018

Welcome, welcome, @Nishanth Thimmareddy _Appfire_! 😄 Be sure to check out the Jira collection and show us the view outside your window.

Like # people like this
Nishanth Thimmareddy _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 6, 2019

Thanks, @Erica Moss!

Like # people like this
Mikayla Roberts
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2019

Hey new users, welcome to the Community!! Please feel free to introduce yourself down below and tell us why you joined, and also offer up one fun fact about yourself just so we can get to know each other a little better here:) @luis rosina @Theodoros Pliakas @Paul Nweme @Ludger Menke [catworkx] @Kaung Lay @Jomila Masayon @Jonathan Forrester @Sidheshwar Udgire @Moodthy Alghorairi @Abdul Rahman El Soloh @asoke sen @tintunmawgyi @Whitecolor @jose lourenço alves alves @Svetlozar Nikolov Orlovski @nena kruljac @Nadeem Inayat 

Like # people like this
Mikayla Roberts
Atlassian Team
April 1, 2019

Hey new users, welcome to the Community!! Please feel free to introduce yourself down below and tell us why you joined, and also offer up one fun fact about yourself just so we can get to know each other a little better here:) @Taylor Harvey @zayyar aung @Sunil Kumar Alamsety @David Hendy @liviu cristian Stoicescu @Julian Porter @Sushant_Ramchandra_Patekar @Nikolay Genov @Robin C @Krista Scott @Kirsten Ingram @Pablo Dejuan @bitbickell @juan_diaz @Paul Nweme @Ludger Menke [catworkx]  @Kaung Lay  

Like # people like this
Help Desk Support April 10, 2019

Hey Everyone, i am a Jira Admin now about 1.5 years into my tenure of knowing Jira and understanding it. I inherited the "mess' from a previous employee and director who did not care for it. In simple terms he implemented and ran. I am here to gain more insights into Jira Service desk and administration as well as to understand the system better. I also hope to expand my knowledge further and gain help from the long tenured experts.  Fun fact i have never used Jira prior to Dec. 2017 and i absolutely have been enjoying it since i have learned it and begun mastering it.

Like # people like this
Mikayla Roberts
Atlassian Team
April 10, 2019

@Help Desk Support Thanks for sharing!! :)

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 11, 2019

@Help Desk Support Welcome, Christopher! 🎉

Like # people like this
Tue Dinh August 26, 2021

Ya, I also come here to learn Jira

Tue Dinh August 26, 2021

I'm from AmpereComputing

Marina Maločić April 11, 2019

Hi everyone,

I work as an assistant project manager. I studied Law but somehow ended up in project management. While reading about agile methodologies I learned about Jira Software, so figured why not give it a go - acquire a new skill. 

I started using Jira this week, so wish me luck :) 

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 11, 2019

@Marina Maločić Sending you so many good vibes! Welcome to the Atlassian Community, and be sure to hop over to the Jira collection if you need some help or inspiration. 😄

Like # people like this

@Erica Moss  Thank you! :)

Like # people like this
Simon Atkin April 11, 2019

How do you go from law to Jira admin? What a career move!!

@Simon Atkin You jump with your eyes closed into the fire :)

I'm from Serbia, and the market here is oversaturated with law graduates (private law schools just handing out diplomas), so I had to think fast and decided to try something else. Luckily, my current boss took a chance on me. 

I see you have a lot of experience. Any piece of advice for early-stage Jira admin? 

Like # people like this
Kerry Kelly May 22, 2019

Hi All, 

I work in Birmingham, England as Software Support Manager, with an app support/project implementation background.

We're in the process of upgrading from an antique version of Confluence & Jira to a sparkly new Cloud version, so in the middle of building workflows and projects.

Like # people like this
Shaun Sheehan May 24, 2019

Cloud is great - the key is to subscribe to the available notices for updates so that you can stay aware of upcoming changes. 

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2019

@Kerry Kelly Welcome, welcome! We do have a Cloud migration section, so be sure to leverage it for any questions or discussions. Otherwise, enjoy some of our more random threads like Miscellaneous Monday. 😄

Like # people like this
carrie_eandm
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2019

Morning All!

I recently jumped into Atlassian when Trello made the announcement of their community leaving Slack and moving here. I'm a project manager within a software development company that works directly with association-based clients. I'm a Starbucks regular who enjoys any version of a Caramel Macchiato, although its getting to be PSL-time as well (I don't recognize fall until after Labor Day).

I'm interested to learn more about all Atlassian products and meet new people!

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2019

@carrie_eandm 👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼

Like # people like this
Damien September 11, 2019

Hi there, It's great to join you all!

well I am still discovering Jira+Confluence ecosystem. Surprisingly, our project is a cloud development, and we chose Jira & Confluence server distributions ... hosted on the cloud!

I will keep an eye on every agile method solution implemented with Jira & Confluence, and interfacing automated testing solutions.

Cheers

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2019

Welcome to the community @Damien :)

Like # people like this
Hurcus Ibrahim October 20, 2019

Hi all. Great to be on this thread and in this community.

I've been using JIRA for over 18 months for a requirements based project in Sydney. 

Glad to be here 🙂

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 21, 2019

@Hurcus Ibrahim Welcome, welcome! We're glad you're here. Be sure to check out the rest of the Welcome Center, our product collections and some off-topic areas like Friday Fun. 😄

Like # people like this
Brett Coster December 30, 2019

Hi everyone. Great community!

I have been using JIRA and Confluence for some time, and have just become JIRA Admin at my new employer. 

I wished I had found this community earlier.

Like # people like this
Heather Reid January 8, 2020

Hi Guys and Gals!!

I am very new to Atlassian products. Week two of using Jira, a little tiny peek into confluence,  and sorting through the MANY articles regarding Insight (which I have the lucky duty of implementing! I am so excited.) I have never had the opportunity to take lead on a project like this so I am trying to soak up every bit of information (AND ADVISE!!) I can before I start the hard part.

It is great to see so many people on here that have experience with these products. I will be picking your brains very soon!!

Like # people like this
Daniel Fietta
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2020

Hi @Heather Reid ,

Welcome to the community! You can find lots of helpful articles here, but if you have a question that has not been asked before here, small advice to receive help much faster: Always let people know your deployment option (server/datacenter or cloud) and as many details about your problem and your desired solution as possible :)

Enjoy the community and maybe see you at the Atlassian Summit in Las Vegas, which is a great way to connect with other Atlassian's, Community users and app vendors!

Daniel
STAGIL 

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2020

@Heather Reid Welcome, Heather! You've certainly come to the right place. 😄 Be sure to poke around our product collections, and get to know your fellow members in places like Friday Fun!

Like # people like this
t.denotter January 9, 2020

Hi fellow community members!

I’m a Business Analyst working with Jira and Confluence for a little over 2 years now and I’m loving it!!! I recently completed the ACP-600 Project Admin certification 🥳 and want to further build my understanding. I love configuring workflows, troubleshooting bugs/issues and jokes.

I joined this community out of curiosity and because I hope this forum will allow me to give/get support and inspiration and have some fum 👏 

...but mostly out of curiosity (feeling brave for posting here 🦾)

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2020

Hi @t.denotter,

There is no need to be concerned.  Everyone here is very friendly.

Glad you decided to stop by.  You will find a ton of inspiration here!

-Jimmy

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2020

@t.denotter I would definitely echo Jimmy's sentiments — we have folks from every corner of the globe and every skill level, so you'll find your tribe in no time. 😄 Be sure to poke around the product collections, and get to know your fellow members in places like Friday Fun.

Like # people like this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2020

Hi @t.denotter , Welcome to the Community and congrats on the certification!  You said you " love configuring workflows, troubleshooting bugs/issues and jokes"... In that order? :-D.  Hope you continue posting in the Community to ask questions, give answers, or share some of your favorite jokes!

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events