Welcome Wednesday: What's your BIG win of the week?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

I'm stealing this idea from @Erica Moss!  This question gets proposed to the Community Leaders, and I thought it was about time we did it with the rest of the Community!

Nothing makes me feel better on a rainy day then helping others celebrate their big successes and accomplishments.  From Rising Stars, to Random Acts of Community, I love hearing about all the awesome things that people are doing.

At the same time, it doesn't have to be big and amazing, sometimes simply surviving the week is a huge success!

My question for you this week, What was you big win this past week?  That thing that happened that make you feel like a million bucks!

For me, it came yesterday.  I took the day off work to run some network cable through my house.  I'm in the process of relocating one of my servers.  I spent a lot of time in small, dark, dusty places, but when I was finally finished I felt like I had really accomplished something that day!

Let's hear some of your own wins in the comments!

8 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021
Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck May 26, 2021

I changed three of my husbands shirts from long sleeves into short sleeves. He's between size so a lot of the long sleeve shirts that fit him over the chest have way too short sleeves, so I altered them and he was so happy to have nice shirts he would wear, and so handsome :D Made me really happy. 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

That's awesome!

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon  I am going to be a little vulnerable here. One of my children has an anxiety disorder with all the associated "sibling" challenges. All of us were suppose to go somewhere as a family on Monday night and that child did not feel good/stable/at ease but made an effort none the less. After a 15 min drive, the child wanted to go home so we turned around and went home. I faked a stomach ache so I could stay at home as well while the rest took off for that trip. They were gone for 4 hours and in the mean time, I made an effort to hang out with my kid. We went to some food trucks, after a long discussion of what we should get or if we should get something. The child did not want any but I ordered something (even though I was not hungry). My child wanted to taste it - and ended up eating some more :) When we got back home, I gave the child some lone time and then I turned on the movie "Steel Magnolias" (that I had seen the night before but without the child since there was an episode going on).  The child hung out in the back of the room (the kitchen) but watched with one eye. Then half way through the movie, came and sat on the sofa with me and watched the rest. We cried a lot during the movie and had a really, really earnest and good talk. I feel we really connected emotionally and that my kid really felt/knew I was trying all I could and knew how to help out. Sorry long :) But not sorry for that night. It was really great!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

That's a really great story @Kristján Geir Mathiesen!  It sounds like it started out difficult, but I'm glad it led to a wonderful connection.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon , it was turning south really quickly but I managed to not default to the human reactions but instead help/empathize the way my kid needed. Thanks, man! But lest anyone is fooled, most of the time I react the wrong way so this was a major win. P.s. "Steel Magnolias" is a great flick!

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Pedro Silva May 27, 2021

Thanks for sharing something so personal,  @Kristján Geir Mathiesen 

Kerrie Ashley May 26, 2021

Successfully migrating from Server to Cloud over the weekend!!!! 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

Congratulations @Kerrie Ashley!

I have been there myself and I know exactly the sense of relief and accomplishment that comes with completing that task!

Like Erica Moss likes this
Kerrie Ashley May 26, 2021

Yassss! Now we just need to figure out all the weird one-offs and that is why I am grateful for this community!

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

I will follow @Kristján Geir Mathiesen ‘s post with my own vulnerable note.

After eight weeks in the hospital/rehab I finally made it home. Though it has been an adjustment it feels so very good to be home! I am up and walking outside and getting stronger every day and am beginning to engage again at work and in the Community equally feels great. So for me the topic of this post is very timely. 

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

Great news @Jack Brickey  Good to have you back!

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

That's really great to hear @Jack Brickey!  The Community wouldn't be the same without your presence! 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

Thanks Kristjan. It was an unfortunate accident that really has set me back but as my wife continues to remind me at least I am still here with her and the family. 

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2021

Oh, sorry to hear @Jack Brickey ! Yes, we are also glad you are still here. We often forget how fragile & fleeting our lives are. We send you wellness greetings! HTH, KGM

PJ Wysota
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2021
Like # people like this
Rajeev Khanna May 27, 2021

Upgraded to a better & faster broadband internet connection. Feels awesome. 

Like # people like this
Pedro Silva May 27, 2021

Couldn't agree more @Rajeev Khanna 

Malgorzata Jesionowska June 1, 2021

Guess I'm late to the party. After years, I've finally felt rested this weekend.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events