Welcome Wednesday: Successful Home Remedies for Illnesses

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to another Wonderful Wednesday!

In the part of the world I live, we are entering the season where it is still very cold at night, but it gets quite warm during the day.

This also has the side effect of a number of people getting clods or the flu around this time. When I was younger, my Mom always did specific things to take care of me many of which are things I will continue to do even today to get better. 

For me, watching old 90's cartoon (thanks to Disney+) and eating grilled cheese sandwiches always seem to help the recovery process. I'm not sure if there is scientific proof of that, but at least it puts me in a better mental state.

What are some of the rituals that you perform to help speed up the recovery of a cold or flu?

Please share in the comments below!

4 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Preferably the Honey One  :-)

Jack Daniels.jpg

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2021

Great choice @John Funk!

Like John Funk likes this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2021

Wow, Alf, I love it, it is one of my favorite characters

Jimmy me too, eat sandwich, popcorn and be on the couch with the blanket

Cheers

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2021

For cold or flu with sore throat, my mom used to follow some of the below home remedies, which I also follow till date:

- To drink warm liquids like tea, coffee.

- Drink plenty of water per day.

- Drink honey mixed with ginger drops for sore throat, twice a day.

- Take steam at night before bed time.

That's what I remember.

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2021

All of those sounds great @Taranjeet Singh!

Naomi Glee March 25, 2021

Thank God I have never had the FLU; and I have had very little cold symptoms, but some. To avoid the cold we would drink Orange Juice the 100% and it managed to work for me. I barely get colds.

Malka Jackson [Isos Technology]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 31, 2021

For anything that made us stuffed up, we would get a hot toddy like tea drink and a grilled cheese with tomato soup. I still think that the grilled cheese with tomato soup is the magic cure to most ills. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events