Welcome Wednesday: Let's talk Food Trucks!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2021

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

In the part of the world I'm in, the weather is getting very nice.  One thing I'm hoping to be able to start doing again soon is getting a meal from food trucks!  If you aren't familiar with them they look kind of like this:

Food_Truck_Pic.jpg

and they sell all sorts of wonderful things to eat.

My question to you all this week, if you know what I'm talking about, what is your go-to food truck.  Be it a specific food truck company, or even just a certain type of food, I'm curious to know what you are looking to eat.  If you aren't familiar with them, I'd love to hear what sort of street vendors you have locally that you do enjoy!

Let me know in the comments down below.

Have a great rest of the week everyone!

8 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2021
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2021
Like Denise Nelson Beers likes this
Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck June 2, 2021

I don't really have a favourite truck since I don't really have a favourite food as such. The best things I remember eating from food trucks are fish'n'chips, lobster salad in a bun, and something that resembled a hamburger with fries and sauce that I had from a food truck in Helsinki years ago (though that one might have been influenced by the fact that it was four o'clock in the morning during an epic night out :p). Then again, I don't think I could be considered a great authority when it comes to food. I get excited about Costco cheeseburgers :p

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 2, 2021

We have a total of 1 food truck in my tiny little town, which is around during the summers while tourists are passing through to Mt. Rainier. It's a wood fired pizza truck and is SO GOOD! We were thrilled when it came to town because the local pub pizza is YUCK. 

Anyway there was drama last summer when the pizza couple who owned the pizza truck split up! She took the truck to Yakima and he built a new outdoor wood fired oven. sadness, but we still had his pizza truck.

Then, I'm happy to report that they got back together this summer, she moved back from Yakima and we now have TWO PIZZA TRUCKS!!! 

Progress in small town USA!

Like # people like this
Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck June 2, 2021

Sounds like a Wes Anderson movie :p

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2021

Happy hump day @Jimmy Seddon   

My daughter and I went out the other day and hit up Jurassic Street Tacos! Never tried them before and didn't want to buy a huge Raptor taco so I asked the guy what else. Well, he gave me the baby version of Raptor for half the price. Really good! I am defiantly going there again :) That might just be my go-to food truck from now on.

ju.jpg

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2021

Thanks for yet another fun discussion @Jimmy Seddon ! 

The city I live in NJ now does not have any food trucks nearby but I still remember the days when I lived in New York city and used to go frequently to the food trucks to buy my lunch meal.

There are lots of them in NYC, but my favorite food from such vendors was "Falafel or Chicken over rice". It's mediterranean food in case anyone does not know.

Whenever I get a chance to visit NYC, I make sure to buy the same meal and enjoy it.

Like # people like this
Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2021

Where I work they arrange for a food truck to come about every other week. So far my favorite has been Bangkok Style Thai Food. 

I have not been yet, but I have heard good stuff about a place called World Food Trucks in Kissimmee, FL. So for any future Disney tourists out there, try to check it out. And actually, Disney Springs (formerly Downton Disney) has food trucks there now as well.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon I love the cycling gif!!

Not surprisingly, I also love this topic!  In the UK food trucks come in three types:

• Ice cream
  • Artisan foods
  • Greasy burger / hot dog

I've listed them in order of preference... I really enjoy ice cream, and that truck usually plays a little tune as it goes by so its much harder to miss!

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon can't hold myself about sharing this fact: I've never eaten anything from a food truck 😬

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2021

We are going to have to fix that ;)

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events