Welcome Wednesday: Is it still Ground Hog Day?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2021

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to another wonderful Wednesday.  Yesterday was Groundhog Day.  For anyone not familiar with this celebration.  It involves watching to see if a groundhog sees it's shadow to determine if spring is around the corner or if we are in for a longer winter.  This was also made more famous by the 1993 movie staring Bill Murray by the same name where a news reporter keeps repeating the same day over and over again.

When we were all forced into lockdown almost a year ago.  A phrase that starting being used regularly was "Blursday" (I used this myself).

My question for everyone this week, given your current daily routine, how many instances of the same day would happen before you realized you were stuck in a repeat loop?

Personally, I have enough activities happening each day (all virtual) from playing online games on twitch, running through a virtual D&D campaign with friends or watching shows together on Disney+ group watch.  I feel like I would be suspicious during the first repeat, and I would definitely know something was wrong by the second.

I'd love to hear in the comments how many times you would be stuck in the loop.

Have a great rest of the week!

10 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2021
Like Bryan Hendricks likes this
Douglas A Evaretts February 3, 2021

I'm there in the loop right now. 

Bill Murray jinxed me this week.

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2021

wait didn't i just see this yesterday, and the day before....nooooo i'm in a loop!

Fortunately for me I have a lot of projects going on both at work and at my home and beach house so I stay so busy I don't let myself feel stuck most of the time. However, this covid thing leaves me feeling trapped way too often and winter is worse. I have been at the beach house for a couple of weeks now and I'm getting spring fever and looking forward to getting out in my kayak. 

Like # people like this
Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2021

If the weather on my repeated day was unremarkable and relatively pleasant, I think I could go over a week without noticing. 😉 We're talking 20-something and partly cloudy. Now that I have work + school going full swing, I don't get much non-work time or a real weekend to break things up.

But, if you stuck me on a loop this Sunday, when our HIGH TEMP is forecast to be -2 degrees (FAHRENHEIT!!!!) I would notice rather quickly (and be extremely miserable).

Happy Blursday, Jimmy!

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2021

Groundhog Day movie it's quite popular in my family and I definitely need to watch it again now :-).

It also reminded me of Window of Opportunity, which is one of the best episodes from Stargate SG-1.

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2021

I feel like since the time COVID lockdown started, I am kind of stuck in a loop of working remotely and taking care of my kid's need who is also learning remotely. Everything seems monotonic on daily basis, except when I get a chance to learn something new or contribute to such fun posts in the community.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2021

We have been back in the office for several months now, So the commute and interactions in the office make each day pretty unique. 

Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2021

I feel stuck when I have a lot of work to do so I can't see what hour/day/month it is. But it does have nothing to do with COVID. I guess I experienced it more often when I was studying and working at once. Each day was the same as another one.

In my case family and friends break the routine every day (even during covid) :).

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2021

Having the work/office/gym/everything in the same place, I still get myself revolving in a blurred boundary between work and anything non-work related.

T Chambers February 4, 2021

My wife and I watched Groundhog Day in the theater when it was first released. We watched again two days ago on Groundhog Day. We enjoyed seeing again. It's the perfect movie to watch over and over.

Speaking of Blursday…

Our weeks used to start on Sunday and end on Saturday. During this pandemic they go from Blursday to Whensday.

And in case you missed it. The World Health Organization (WHO) said there is no evidence that your dog can get COVID-19 and can be released from quarantine. In other words: WHO let the dogs out.

I collect corny jokes and publish new ones every so often at j.mp/somedadjokes

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2021

It's something like this 6 days a week:

Bedroom -> office -> WC -> office -> WC -> office -> kitchen -> office -> WC -> office -> living room (TV) -> kitchen -> living room (TV) -> WC -> bedroom -> REPEAT!

P.s. I am trying to drink 3.5 liters of water per day so...

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events