Welcome Message

Eric Browne December 31, 2020

Hello All!

My team and I are moving away from Manage Engine ServiceDesk Plus to JIRA ServiceDesk in the Cloud. I am excited to get started and to be a part of this great forum of information and knowledgeable people. 

I plan to migrate many of our old systems best practices to our new one, but I would be open to any ideas on getting started. It's always good to hear some success stories for anyone who has gone through something similar. Even if there are some wise words. Anything is appreciated!

Thanks all!

Eric Browne

8 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2020

Welcome to the Community @Eric Browne!

I'd recommend checking out the Jira Service Management collection for tips and tricks, as well as the collection New to Jira Service Management (Jira Service Desk was recently rebranded by Atlassian).

There are tons of really smart and friendly folks here who I'm sure will be able to help you out!

-Jimmy

Like # people like this
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2020

Hi @Eric Browne ,

Welcome to the community & group! We are glad you are here!

Wish you a very Happy New Year! You can follow the resources shared by @Jimmy Seddon !

If you need any help we are here to help you out!

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2021

Welcome to the Community!
A pretty good place to start your journey are the groups here and I see you found them already ;)

For migrations there is a lot of material there, for example: https://www.atlassian.com/migration/cloud
In case you need guidance on where to find what Community is also able to help.

Happy New Year by the way :)

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2021

Welcome to the Community, @Eric Browne , and Happy New Year! In addition to those resources mentioned in this thread, I'd recommend to start writing down your requirements and best practices first, and then finding if they can be met with Service Desk out of the box. Chances are that, if Service Desk doesn't meet some of your needs, there will be a plugin for them, but this is something you'd like to find out as soon as possible. My experience with Service Desk has been more than positive.  I love the way you can customize the portal , or the ability to create different channels to report tickets (portal or email), and of course the integration with a knowledge base in Confluence. Good luck!

Carlos

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2021

Hello and Welcome, Eric!

We are glad you are here!!

Welcome.jpg

mararn1618 _secretbakery.io_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 4, 2021

Hey @Eric Browne, welcome! ;-)

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2021

@Eric Browne Welcome to the Community! It sounds like you're already getting some awesome support. 😄

Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2021

Excellent choice!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events