Throwback Thursday: What were you doing 25 years ago? #TBT

It's Thursday!

giphy

25 years ago, in the year 1996, I became a father for the first time. Our son Daníel was born in middle of June. I was still in college and hadn't started working a "real" job yet :) Worried about the future and how to provide for my family - what kind of job I would get once college was over.

dkm.jpg

What were you doing 25 years ago?

yanks.jpg

Have a great Thursday!

17 comments

Comment

Steve Mandeli May 20, 2021

My second child was born in 1996. Bought my first house.

Like # people like this
Malka Jackson [Isos Technology]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 20, 2021

June 1996 I had just gotten out of the Navy in May, I was attending Daytona Beach Community College and readjusting to "civi life" and being back in my hometown. 

That lasted until October and I packed up everything that fit in my car and moved to Atlanta to start my adventure as a job gypsy up the eastern seaboard. I did random jobs in random cities until I was ready to move onto someplace new for a while. Loved that lifestyle!

Like # people like this
Pedro Silva May 20, 2021
Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

In 1996, I would have been 13.  At this time of year I would have been preparing for grade 8 graduation, and by that I mean figuring out with my friends what we were going to do over summer vacation!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

I was living in Huntsville Alabama and managing a large US Government project as the contractor. Our oldest was born the year before and our youngest was born the next year - so we were right between the two.  :-)

Like # people like this
Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck May 20, 2021

In 1996 I was in the last year of high school and being dramatic about everything. :p

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2021

In 1996 I was enjoying fishing on the St.Joe river.

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 20, 2021

I was 25 and had just left my job at the SF Art Institute to join Apple as a creative sw qa tester, which was my first tech job! 🍎

Like # people like this
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 20, 2021

I was 5 and I was spending my time mostly with my mother. She was teaching me how to read, count, paint... My days were very long and time was passing slowly. Now, I feel that days are very short because time flies like crazy 🤯

Like # people like this
Noel Winslow May 20, 2021

I was living in Northern Maine (Sherman Station) and working as a line cook in a truck stop. I was married to my first husband and living with his grandparents who I was helping to take care of. 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2021

@Katarzyna  - what a perfect description haha

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2021

Thanks everybody! Fun to read all your comments and see what you were up to quarter of a century ago. Good to reminisce :)

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2021

Learning to code in a really obscure 4gl, living half a mile from where I am now and getting my first cat (well, two)

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  have youe only moved half a mile in 25 years?

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2021

Yep, been quite content here, not seen a reason to move.  (It was on a commuter line into London until this week, so changes of job never made me need to relocate - that's the usual driver for a location change.

Lived in 6 different houses in the town though (all within walking distance of the station)

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2021

That's AMAZING!

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2021

Well done @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  Very practical!

Like Amanda Barber likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events