Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Throwback Thursday: What were you doing 25 years ago? #TBT

It's Thursday!

giphy

25 years ago, in the year 1996, I became a father for the first time. Our son Daníel was born in middle of June. I was still in college and hadn't started working a "real" job yet :) Worried about the future and how to provide for my family - what kind of job I would get once college was over.

dkm.jpg

What were you doing 25 years ago?

yanks.jpg

Have a great Thursday!

17 comments

My second child was born in 1996. Bought my first house.

Like # people like this

June 1996 I had just gotten out of the Navy in May, I was attending Daytona Beach Community College and readjusting to "civi life" and being back in my hometown. 

That lasted until October and I packed up everything that fit in my car and moved to Atlanta to start my adventure as a job gypsy up the eastern seaboard. I did random jobs in random cities until I was ready to move onto someplace new for a while. Loved that lifestyle!

Like # people like this
Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon Community Leader May 20, 2021

In 1996, I would have been 13.  At this time of year I would have been preparing for grade 8 graduation, and by that I mean figuring out with my friends what we were going to do over summer vacation!

Like # people like this
John Funk Community Leader May 20, 2021

I was living in Huntsville Alabama and managing a large US Government project as the contractor. Our oldest was born the year before and our youngest was born the next year - so we were right between the two.  :-)

Like # people like this

In 1996 I was in the last year of high school and being dramatic about everything. :p

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder Community Leader May 20, 2021

In 1996 I was enjoying fishing on the St.Joe river.

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross Community Manager May 20, 2021

I was 25 and had just left my job at the SF Art Institute to join Apple as a creative sw qa tester, which was my first tech job! 🍎

Like # people like this

I was 5 and I was spending my time mostly with my mother. She was teaching me how to read, count, paint... My days were very long and time was passing slowly. Now, I feel that days are very short because time flies like crazy 🤯

Like # people like this

I was living in Northern Maine (Sherman Station) and working as a line cook in a truck stop. I was married to my first husband and living with his grandparents who I was helping to take care of. 

Like # people like this

@Katarzyna Pawlak _Deviniti_  - what a perfect description haha

Like # people like this

Thanks everybody! Fun to read all your comments and see what you were up to quarter of a century ago. Good to reminisce :)

Like # people like this

Learning to code in a really obscure 4gl, living half a mile from where I am now and getting my first cat (well, two)

Like # people like this

@Nic Brough _Adaptavist_  have youe only moved half a mile in 25 years?

Like # people like this

Yep, been quite content here, not seen a reason to move.  (It was on a commuter line into London until this week, so changes of job never made me need to relocate - that's the usual driver for a location change.

Lived in 6 different houses in the town though (all within walking distance of the station)

That's AMAZING!

Well done @Nic Brough _Adaptavist_  Very practical!

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you