Three Things I Wish I'd Known: Micky Caritte

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2018

As a recent and proud Community Champion, I'm glad to help people out on Community, but to be honest it's my first-ever online community real experience. You see where I'm going...? There are many things I wish I'd known back in that time when I registered. Here is my top 3:

1 - Details Are Never Meaningless

OK, this one is quite self-explicit but let me insist! Details are everything: the more you give, the highest chance you have to get a relevant answer! You might skip to mention you're using the latest Server version of Jira, pretty obvious to stay up to date! Well, trust me, we have quite a range of versions and each associated with its features, to give the best advise, we definitely welcome that kind of detail. Remember that any version of a technology, name of an installed App, things you've already tried... is helpful!

Always remember to provide as much as you can but never forget about security and confidentiality as well! We'll never ask for details compromising your data and you should not share sensitive information!

2 - We All Are Humans

That one is not even a joke! We all have bad days (yeah, even in Canada!) or we can have different approaches for the same issue but respect is all! Getting answers is easier, helping people is easier, sharing ideas is easier. We all know it but sometimes forget it for a second, I can remember myself thinking "It's been 3hrs and nobody helped". Atlassians, Champions, every community member is human and have a day like yours!

The good side of it is that we also make happy encounters and find humans like us to share our stories, use cases, knowledge...

One question remains: Are we humans, or are we dancers?

3 - Community is not only for Atlassian nerds

First, Community is for everyone yeehee

What I mean by this point is simply that no matter how advanced you are with Atlassian products, you'll find inspiring content here! You might find very specific or technical questions and articles but you can definitely find a lot of off-topic posts (here? or here?). We also have showcases of our members and champions, Friday Funs and many others. 

In other words, from curious explorators to well-proven pirates, the strenght of our Community is that exact wide-ranged crew and audience!

From Montreal with love (and snow).

4 comments

Comment

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2018

@miikhy Number 2 is so important, Micky! Thanks so much for sharing your pro tips. 😄

Deleted user August 13, 2019

So I've just joined this community. I'm a tech author and not new to tools but new to being an admin for confluence (actually new to confluence). I'm on a trial of the cloud version and am in tears at the moment.

I can't find anything (like a macro) that works consistently from one page to another. I'm overwhelmed by the detailed documentation and community posts, but which don't really help me make sense of the cloud version or get the smallest thing working without constantly looking stuff up, that turns out not to be correct for the version I'm using. Instructions say there are fields and buttons that don't exist in my version.

Where should I go for a tutorial of ACTUAL functionality in my cloud trial?

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2020

@miikhy 

-Sri

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2021

@miikhy The first point is very important anywhere. 

The devil is in the detail!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events