Three Things I Wish I'd Known: Fadoua Boualem

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2018

A few minutes after I was given the Community Champion “Title”, all kinds of “what ifs” started going through my brain. I wish I reached out to the community managers, asked my questions and saved myself from overthinking. Today I am sharing them hoping that I can save other future champions.

Tired.png

It is a nice to do but not a must do - Yes the community wants definitely to learn from your expertise but it doesn’t mean you have to be on the community day and night. Everyone understands that you have other responsibilities in your life. I am sure you all heard about quality vs quantity. I rather answer a low number of questions by providing the best help, than answer a lot without being sure about the answers I am providing.

Answers.png
Oops I didn’t see that question coming - What seemed to me an easy question that I can master turned into a more complicated one. No need to sweat it. If I am unable to answer a question I can always ask other champions for help. In fact it happened to me couple times and many of them came to the rescue. I also noticed that other champions do it as well. It is a team work.

Judge.png
No one will judge you - There are times other champions share topics that I am not aware of. I start panicking and wondering how did I miss it!!! Relax and Ask, there are so many kind champions willing to share the information as long as you ask. Some of them even go the extra mile and share more than needed which never hurts.

Before finishing my post, I always stand amazed at the idea of Community Champions that Atlassian came up with. It has been a wonderful experience so far. Because of it I made friends from all over the world. We may never have met or might meet in the future, however we do share one common trait: The love of helping others.
God bless you all, and Happy Holidays!

5 comments

Comment

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2018

Great points @Fadoua. The other members of the community are always willing to help each other for sure.

Like # people like this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2018

Thank you @Jack Brickey! I was afraid first time until I noticed how many champions jump to help when I need it.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2018

😊

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2018

Good insights, especially that we love to help others :) There truly is a global group here on Community- start speaking in another language and you'll get @Fadoua speaking in French. Bonjour!

Like # people like this
Carol Jones December 13, 2018

Just out of curiosity, how many Community Campions is Atlassian up to now and what's the general growth rate if you had to guess?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2018

@Carol Jones136 Champions

Like Carol Jones likes this
Carol Jones December 14, 2018

Nice!  That number is higher than I originally thought, that's awesome to know you have so many folks that have your back when needed!

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2020

Hi @Fadoua ,

A Great Write up. I am new to the community, Thanks for the write-up. 

-Sri

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events