Project Manager introducing Jira to a new team

MB October 9, 2019

Hi all,

I have the incredible opportunity of introducing Jira as a new tool to a small development team.  In the past, I have always walked into a situation where Jira was already in use with a team and the full capabilities of Jira were not being utilized due to using the tool incorrectly.  I want to avoid that misstep by using the tool correctly from the start.  Any advice besides the obvious? 

Also,  where are the video tutorials located?  They were visible in the free trial but since purchasing the product, I don't see them anywhere?

2 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2019

Hi @MB,

Welcome to the Community!

You might want to check out the Atlassian University for tutorials.

For best practices I'm recommend checking out this thread which has a number of smart people giving their best practice ideas: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/What-s-your-best-Jira-Software-tip-trick-workaround/td-p/1153038

You should also probably take a look through the Jira product collection which has a lot of really good information in it as well, and don't hesitate to ask questions everyone here is very friendly!

-Jimmy

Like # people like this
MB October 10, 2019

Hi Jimmy!

Thank you very much for the stellar advice and the kind welcome.  I'm excited to be part of the community.

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2019

Yes! Welcome @MB

Hope that you would be able to get much as possible from the above advice from @Jimmy Seddon

If you have any questions afterwards simply create a post in Community :)

Like # people like this
MB October 11, 2019

Hi Mirek,

Thank you so much for your warm welcome. I appreciate the support.

Like Erica Moss likes this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2019

@MB Welcome, welcome, Mechelle! Sounds like you're already getting great advice, but be sure to check out Friday Fun and work toward your Answerer badge. 😄

Like MB likes this
MB October 11, 2019

Thank you Erica!  I appreciate the heads up.

Like Erica Moss likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events