Richard J Pennenga May 15, 2019

Hi folks - just started JIRA-ing as a user - my company is jumping in & I'm getting familiar with the UX and community.  I'm a dev by trade & I'm fascinated by the Atlassian architecture & extendability... but trying to keep from getting distracted from my day job.

Random facts: 

• I love hiking (even the infamous hike up "Grandfather Mountain"...)
  • I hope to do a "couch - to - 2mi swim" evolution this summer. 
  • I enjoyed reading Brene Brown's "Daring Greatly" last year. 
  • I drive a Honda Fit (2012). 
  • My wife & I play Pokemon GO.

6 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2019

Welcome to the community! You are going to find some extremely intelligent and friendly people here to help you when you need it!

Like Richard J Pennenga likes this
Helen Griffiths _Capgemini_ May 16, 2019

Hi Richard!

As you're new to Jira (and may not know), Atlassian have a couple of free tutorials which take you through:

• Learning Jira Basics
  • Go Agile with Jira
  • Gain Project Insights with JQL

All available here -> https://training.atlassian.com/training-for-jira 

Hope these help! :)

Like # people like this
Richard J Pennenga May 16, 2019

Thanks for the link - I'll sock it away as a place to start when I have to figure out how do something of substance.

Wade Tracy _Boise_ ID_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2019

Welcome Richard!  Is the swim in a pool or somewhere else?  I hope it is somewhere else--I had to do some distance swimming once and the back and forth in the pool drove me crazy =)

Like Richard J Pennenga likes this
Richard J Pennenga May 16, 2019

It's ultimately going to be in a lake somewhere in Seattle.  In the meantime, I'm doing the "back and forth in the pool" for training... :)  I've only been training for a few days so I'm not going stir crazy yet.  Give me time... :-D

Patrick Ricciardi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2019

Welcome Richard, from a relatively new member who Pokemon Goes to another.  :)

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2019

@Richard J Pennenga Welcome, welcome! 🎉 Be sure to check out the Jira collection, and some of our just-for-fun threads like Miscellaneous Monday.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2019

Welcome to the community @Richard J Pennenga - great random facts shared. I am ready Brene Brown's Dare to Lead and just wanted her Courage netflix show.

Jodi

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events