Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making sense of agile

Jasmine Andrews May 23, 2020

Hi I'm new here. I think I had a few inactive profiles over the years but this is the start of me showing up actively.

I'm about 6 months into using Jira to manage my tasks on an agile SW project (I'm managing changes to the existing procedures for the application and for the tasks around them). I've been using confluence for a few years to build an intranet for policies and procedures for my small consulting biz. Nothing terribly sophisticated, just a basic wiki.

I have been having SO MUCH FUN in getting to know how to get the best out of confluence and jira through just experimenting. I'm pretty new to formally working in agile environment so I'm trying to work out how to manage my info and tasks in atlassian products. Trying to standardise my processes to form templates has been a great way to make sense of it. Prior to this, I was trained as a Sharepoint Site Administrator and designed a few SP sites for project comms and doc management, and for national team comms and templates database. 

I'm hoping to get a few Atlassian Certifications in the next 6 months. Will be asking a lot of questions along the way!

Jasmine

3 comments

Comment

Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2020

Hi @Jasmine Andrews , Welcome to the community !, I am glad you are here.

Keep learning about the atlassian's products and prepare yourself for the certifications too.

All the Best for your journey!

Like Jasmine Andrews likes this
Jasmine Andrews May 24, 2020

Thanks Monica!

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2020

Welcome to The Community, @Jasmine Andrews  and good luck preparing for the certifications. In addition to the help and information you'll find here, The Atlassian University has great courses to prepare as well:

https://www.atlassian.com/university

And Atlassian is offering some free trainings for the month of May, you still have a few days, if you can take some time:

https://training.atlassian.com/free-training-catalog

And yes, Jira and Confluence are great tools to help you become more agile (no matter what flavor of Agile you want to implement)! See you around!

Carlos

Like # people like this
Jasmine Andrews May 26, 2020

Thanks @Carlos Garcia Navarro ! Yes I've already been working through some of the badges and free training. Once I feel I've got a good grounding, I'll do the cert prep training and really ramp up the prep.

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2020
Like Jasmine Andrews likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events