Just like to introduce myself

Deleted user February 9, 2020

Hi everyone my name is Russell and am new to JIRA just like to introduce myself and let you know just a heads up i maybe asking lots of questions to help me get the best out of this solution for my team. Dose anyone have any top tips they will like to share?

8 comments

Comment

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2020

Hello @[deleted] and welcome to the Atlassian community!

If you have questions about Jira, this is the place for you. There are tons of questions here and tons of those questions have been answered. The community is awesome because, most likely, other have had the same questions or scenarios as you have. I would suggest to search for you question first to see if a similar question has already been answered. If it hasn't, then go ahead and ask. I would make it a habit to just come to the community and read some of the threads. You'd be surprised to see how much you'll pick up just by reading threads.

This post here contains tons of tips from multiple users. Have fun! :-D

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2020

Welcome to the Atlassian Community @[deleted] !

Anthony Wu February 13, 2020

What Edwin says is true, often times I'll ask a question or search for an answer here in the community and I'll find answers from years ago posted by my own team members. 

Alison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2020

Welcome to the community @[deleted] - you've come to the right place.

I recommend checking out our Jira documentation here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/ or you can also find server documentation here as well.

Cheers,

Alison

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2020

Hi @[deleted],

It's nice to meet you.  Don't hesitate to ask questions.  Everyone is very friendly here and happy to help!  Also, don't forget to have a little fun while you're at it and take part is some of the Friday Fun threads while you're here!

-Jimmy

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2020

@[deleted] Welcome, Russell! We're glad you're here. We actually have a collection called New to Jira, which would be a great place to start. Otherwise, I encourage you to read this post about participating in the online Community, as well as our "Three Things" series, where people share their best tips.

Like BiancaE likes this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2020

Hi @[deleted] 

Best tip I can give you is 'don't be shy and ask questions ;-)'. I used to write all my questions down and ask them to people knowledgeable, or to the Community. The documentation is good and also there are good trainings in Atlassian University, you should check them out! There are also good books out there: 'Practical Jira Administration' by Matt Doar, helped me a lot to bring my JIRA knowledge to the next level. Have fun!

Carlos

Like Erica Moss likes this
Anthony Wu February 13, 2020

When I'm training new Jira users at my company I use the term, "Closed mouths don't get fed" which implies, ask questions as much as you can! 

"Practical Jira Administration" by @Matt Doar and @Mikey Schott is how I got my start in Jira administration. It is such a helpful book and I even got my copy signed by them =). 

Disclaimer: Mikey was my manager at the time, and Matt and I were on the same team. 

Like Erica Moss likes this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2020

@[deleted]  welcome to the community!

Please checkout Atlassian University, and for any doubts don't hesitate to ask in this community!

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 12, 2020

Welcome to the community @[deleted] 

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2020

Hello @[deleted] 

Welcome to the Community!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events