Introduction - Product Manager with 4 years Jira experience

Micky Curtis October 7, 2019

Hi! I am not new to Jira, but with all the new updates it feels like I am new. I have also started a new role as Product Manager with SupplyShift. In making this transition it is my goal to learn how to more fully utilize all of the features Jira offers to help my team get on the same page in a scale-able, efficient and organized manner. Does anyone have suggestions for unique ways to use Jira or Confluence? Or maybe a favorite (but slightly unknown feature)? Any guidance on where to start as an advanced user, who learned by using and not by any formal training?

Any feedback or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Micky

2 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2019

Hi @Micky_Curtis,

Welcome to the Community!

First, you should check out the Atlassian University for training courses, they have a number of great options for beginner and advanced users.

Unique ways to use Jira... ohh actually there's a whole thread about this very topic you should check it out here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/What-s-your-best-Jira-Software-tip-trick-workaround/m-p/1153038#M8416

Don't hesitate to ask questions here everyone is very friendly!

-Jimmy

Like Micky Curtis likes this
Micky Curtis October 8, 2019

Thank you @Jimmy Seddon . I will definitely check that out!

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2019

@Micky_Curtis Welcome, welcome! I'll let other folks chime in here with their best practices, but I do want to encourage you to check out some of the product collections, our new Answerer badge and Friday Fun. 😄

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events