Insert transparent headline here - Introduction

Donnie Grooms January 27, 2021

Hello. At the tender age of 49, I embraced "All things Atlassian". This has been a new career path for me. I am working to be a subject matter expert on Atlassian products and services as I work towards retirement. Curious if there is anyone else here who has also made a similar late-stage career change? I'd welcome to hear of your experience and your advice. Thank you. 

10 comments

Comment

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

Welcome to the Atlassian community @Donnie Grooms and all the best for your learning with Atlassian tools.

Our great and expert Atlassian leaders and members are always here to help you!

I believe it is always good to learn something new at any age and the learning for professionals never ends until they retire.

Like # people like this
Sonja Athing January 27, 2021

Welcome !  @Donnie Grooms I became an Atlassian in  2017 and it changed my whole professional path and I love all things Atlassian.

From the Summit 2019 in Las Vegas,  this was the biggest take away for me.  

Why I Built my Career with Atlassian Tools and You Should Too! 

It aligns perfectly w/your inquiry !

Enjoy,

Sonja Athing 

Like # people like this

Thanks for the link Sonja! I appreciate it. 

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

@Donnie GroomsLOL! Welcome to the club kid. 😆 Thinking of retirement at 49 already. Good for you. I just started my Atlassian adventure at 60 and have been getting after it with the same sort of thinking. I'm our company site and org admin and scrum master. Just now getting started with getting certifications.

This Atlassian stuff takes some getting used to but once you start to get it, it seems to open up more. You'll get a feel for how to ask for help, where to find documentation, and that there is always an add-on you'll need to do what you want.

If you're already a software guy, then you're way ahead of those of us who are mere users. Good luck on your journey.

Like # people like this

I am not a software guy, but when I started my (unfinished) Data Science education I ended up finding Atlassian and I have not left since. 

Raul Parodi February 11, 2021

Danno, tengo 72 añitos, después de tener posgrados, grados, docencia por 33 años..etc. ya estoy jubilado, ando buscando herramientas informáticas que me permitan avanzar en administración y gestión de servicios de salud( mi profesión como Lic. en Administración) me "condena" hacia la necesidad de contribuir en este sector económico-social desde mis conocimientos y experiencias. Un gusto "encontrarme con personas "maduras" ...en edad y experiencia que estemos en la misma búsqueda. Sdos.

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2021

Hi @Donnie Grooms  and welcome to the right spot!

I transitioned at age 44 or so.  

1) Atlassian has immense potential still - so much breadth and depth
2) This is the right place to be - in the Community

Best of luck!

KGM

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2021

Hi @Donnie Grooms!

Welcome to the Community!

I don't believe there it is ever too late to "embrace all things Atlassian"!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2021

Hello and Welcome, Donnie!

We are glad you are here!!

Welcome to Team.jfif

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2021

@Donnie Grooms Welcome, Donnie! We're so glad you're here, and it sounds like you're in good company. 😄

Like # people like this
Donnie Grooms January 28, 2021

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. 

Like # people like this
Brian February 1, 2021

Welcome Donnie. I too am a late starter. This discussion thread has so much positivity. The Atlassian Community is so supportive. Keep up the great work everyone, keep learning and keep innovating on the crest of the digital world wave!

Like # people like this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2021

Welcome to the community @Donnie Grooms 

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events