Hi?

Daniel Shakhmundes June 1, 2020

Perhaps a bit odd to be writing here now, but I have been using Jira for over a decade, and in several different companies.

I'm the new & first CTO for a company that's over 100 years old, outside of the software & startup spaces where I've spent most of my time.  Now, I'm in the industrial, warehousing, logistics, retail, etc.

I'm here because I want to make the most effective use of Jira's business targeted project management for I.T. management, other operational/processes in the business, and last-but-not-least for some proprietary/in-house software projects.

Who's with me?!

2 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2020

Hi @Daniel Shakhmundes,

Welcome to the Community!

There is never a right or wrong time to start leveraging the Atlassian Community.  I myself had been using the products for many years before I joined the Online Community.

You are definitely among friends here!  Everyone is very friendly and passionate about the Atlassian products.

I'd recommend checking out the Jira Product collection for tips, tricks and best practices.  Also, don't hesitate to ask any questions!

-Jimmy

Like # people like this
Daniel Shakhmundes June 1, 2020

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon !

I took a look at the link; a lot of questions there!

Come to think of it, one of the next goals on my list is to produce some nice GANTT-type charts.  I really liked using Big Picture with Trello - looks like I should try it for Jira - any advice or suggestions are welcome!

Daniel

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2020

I've never actually used Big Picture myself and GANTT charts are a little outside my wheel-house.  But I'm sure if you ask someone will be able to help you out!

Like Daniel Shakhmundes likes this
Mateusz Sołowianiuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2020

Hi @Daniel Shakhmundes 

I'm glad that you enjoyed the BigPicture power-up for Trello. I am sure that you will like it in Jira even more, especially considering that we've just released its completely new version. 

When it comes to taking the first steps with the plugin, I suggest that you:

I hope that this clarifies!

Cheers,

Mateusz Sołowianiuk

SoftwarePlant Support

Daniel Shakhmundes October 15, 2020

Thanks for the news & advice, @Mateusz Sołowianiuk - I've yet to use BigPicture with Jira - come to think of it, it's BigGantt that I'm primarily interested in…

Mateusz Sołowianiuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2020

Still a great tool if your main goal is to have a visual representation of your project.  We've got a 30-day free trial, so you are more than welcome to give it a try and see if it meets your requirements. 

Cheers,

Mateusz Sołowianiuk

SoftwarePlant Support

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2020

@Daniel Shakhmundes Welcome, welcome! You're in great company. 😄 Be sure to check out some off-topic threads like Friday Fun and "Three Things" as well.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events