Hi All, I am new to Jira

Wilson Wong August 15, 2019

Hi all,

I am new to Jira.  I am eager to learn the basics of Jira.  Thanks.

Wilson

9 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2019

Hi @Wilson Wong!

Welcome to the Community!

There are tons of really good post and articles for you to read and a whole bunch of really smart and friendly people who would be happy to answer any questions you have!

I hope we have a chance to connect in the near future!

-Jimmy

Like Erica Moss likes this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2019
Like # people like this
Helen Griffiths _Capgemini_ August 16, 2019

Welcome!

The Atlassian University is a great place to start. There are also a number of free Jira courses which will get you up to speed with the basics. 

Like # people like this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2019

Hi Wilson,

Welcome to JIRA and to The Community! Enjoy using and learning JIRA.  My own experience is the more I use it the more I like it :-) The flexibility and power of JIRA allows to implement processes without tool limitations... and if a feature is missing or you need a workaround the people in the Community are here to help.

As an additional tip, there are good books out there that can help with learning. My personal favorite is "Practical JIRA Administration" by Matt Doar (http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920020196.do)

Carlos

Like Erica Moss likes this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2019

@Wilson Wong Welcome, Wilson! Be sure to check out the Jira product collection, as well as some off-topic threads like Friday Fun. 😎

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2019

welcome

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2019

Welcome to most wonderful community.

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2019

Welcome to the community @Wilson Wong

As some others have said, there are tons of people waiting to help you and already answered questions that are incredibly useful. I hope you enjoy your journey into the Atlassian ecosystem and if you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask them! 

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 20, 2019

@Wilson WongWelcome to one of the most helpful community on internet :-)

Like Himanshu likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events