Hello

Kevin McCullor December 11, 2019

Our Company has been using Confluence and Jira for some time. Technical Services is joining and we are looking for Best Practices and Ideas on how best to use these products.

The biggest issue facing use is migrating information from MediaWiki to Confluence.

5 comments

Comment

Vibekke.Holme December 13, 2019

Hi! 

I would also like to hear about some experience With confluence and Jira :) 

Kevin McCullor December 13, 2019

Our department is Technical Services, we plan to use these services to manage and deploy information to both our department and to the rest of the Company.

If there are any examples of other Company Technical Services Departments using Confluence, I would be interested in seeing how they utilized the different pages.

Like mohithb likes this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2019

@Kevin McCullor Welcome, Kevin! We're glad you're here. Be sure to check out the product collections, as well as the migrations collection. And then we have some off-topic threads like Friday Fun. 😎

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2019

Hi @Kevin McCullor,

Welcome to the Community!

Don't hesitate to ask questions there tons of very friendly people here who are more than happy to help!

-Jimmy

Kevin McCullor December 13, 2019

@Jimmy Seddon 

Are there any recommendations on migrating a MediaWiki page to a Confluence Page?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2019

Hi @Kevin McCullor,

I'd start with the recommendations here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Exporting-MediaWiki-to-Confluence/qaq-p/1034181

and if that doesn't seem to provide the help you require I'd recommend starting a new question with your specific use case in the Confluence collection of questions.

Thanks!

Like Alex Laycy likes this
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2019

Welcome Kevin! 

This post has a couple of suggestions that may be helpful.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Exporting-MediaWiki-to-Confluence/qaq-p/1034181

Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2020

Hi @Kevin McCullor 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Like mohithb likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events