Hello everyone

paul.blackburn May 22, 2020

My name is Paul and I work for Unipart Rail in the UK. I have used Jira before at previous companies, but I am now starting to implement Jira and Confluence for my Design and Development team. I understand how the system works, but I am looking for help and information to set this up in the most efficient way.

I'm looking forward to chatting with you,

Paul.  

5 comments

Comment

paul.blackburn May 22, 2020

I have created spaces and pages, and got the Scroll pdf exporter working well to export pdf files that look similar to our existing documents. I am now looking for a solution to formal document management and release. There are many apps avaliable, but I am unsure which one best suits my needs. We design software, electronics and mechanical systems, so I need a way of writing a page, sending it for review and approval, then making this viewable by people outside of my team. This should be read only access, which would ideally be the pdf version. 

Thanks for your help,

Paul.

marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2020

Confluence is no real Document Management System.  So if you want to e-sign pdf files, you'd probable need to look outside of Confluence.

What you can do is use an addon like Document Control and approve documents in Confluence.  When you export such a document to pdf, the approval is visible in the exported pdf.

Shannon Meehan _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 25, 2020

Hey @paul.blackburn

Welcome to the Community! I work for K15t, the vendors of the Scroll PDF Exporter app you're using. Glad to hear it's working well for you so far.

As for your document management needs, maybe Scroll Documents could be an option for your team. With the app, you're able to manage multiple Confluence pages together as one unit and save versions, manage the document through a simple approval process, add metadata, track changes, etc. It fully integrates with Scroll PDF Exporter as well. The crash course video will give you a full overview. 

If you have any questions, we'd be happy to help or show you a demo of the app. Just get in touch with us: hello@k15t.com.

Cheers, 

Shannon (K15t)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2020

Welcome Paul!

We are glad you are here!!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2020

Welcome to the Community @paul.blackburn!

I'd recommend checking the Jira & Confluence product collections for assistance.

There are tons of really smart, friendly people here who are happy to help answer questions.

-Jimmy

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2020

Welcome to The Community, @paul.blackburn ! :-)

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2020

@paul.blackburn Welcome to the Community! Looks like you're already getting some great insight. 😄

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events