Hej and Hello from Denmark

Alexander Sorg March 2, 2020

Being a Software developer means being able to work anywhere in the world. Therefore my family and I took the chance and moved from Germany to Denmark in 2014. The two countries are neighbors, but the differences in culture and sometimes in the administrative systems often are huge.

I'm a software developer for nearly 25 years now, and, having a bachelor's degree in electronics and radio communication, I mostly worked as an embedded developer. Currently I'm working for Green Instruments, a small but heavily growing company developing and producing sensors and apparatus for gas and water monitoring in the marine business. Here I help building up the SW department and all that belongs thereto. Processes, tool chains, revision and change control, and so on. This is a huge but really exciting task.

In my spare time I mostly take care of my family, and take my DSLR camera on our trips through Denmark and Scandinavia. Together with my wife, I'm writing a blog about Danish and Scandinavian culture and travel. It's mostly my images that go into the blog, as my wife is the better writer. And, of course, I'm responsible for the whole IT and web development of the blog and at home. Have a look at www.meermond.de, if you like. There's translation via Google translate available.

I'm looking forward to learn and share my experiences here in this forum. :-)

5 comments

Comment

Fernando S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2020

Welcome to the Community, Alexander!

Great website btw

Like Alexander Sorg likes this
Alexander Sorg March 5, 2020

Thank you Fernando. :-)

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2020

@Alexander Sorg Welcome, Alexander! Such a great intro post. Be sure to check out our product collections, our "Three Things" series and Friday Fun.

Thank you! I already had a look at the Friday Fun board. Must make it a permanent to-do for Fridays! ;-) 

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2020

Welcome to Atlassian Community Alex!

Thanks Pavel :-)

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2020

Welcome to the super community @Alexander Sorg 

Denmark, wow nice country, is it true you guys have lots of bicycles in your country?

Alexander Sorg March 6, 2020

There are many bicycles in the Copenhagen area, which is a big city for danish conditions (around 600.000 people). There even is a wikipedia article about it (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycling_in_Copenhagen).

But where I'm living, in northern Jutland, distances are longer and most rural roads do not have a separate bicycle path. That makes cycling a bit dangerous and uncomfortable. So it's not so popular up here in the north.

Like DPKJ likes this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2020

Oh! I have learn something new. Thanks Alexander!!!

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 12, 2020

Welcome to the community @Alexander Sorg 

Alexander Sorg March 12, 2020

Thank you very much :-)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events