Green like a lush mountain meadow

Remco de Ket September 29, 2020

Funny story; I have a young friend who works in the software industry. He's been telling me about Jira and how he has struggled mastering the environment. Anywho he was telling me all about sprints, scrums and all of the other funky (that's a bit nicer than jargony) words that Jira uses. 

So I was ribbing him about those names and Agile and all of that but eventually I was able to draw on my experience as a consultant in the corporate world to help him come to terms with working in Jira. From his own account things are going well now.

The laugh is on me now because to my horror the organisation I work for now (a Disctrict Health Board) joined me up to Jira. When I told him the other day my young friend got a good laugh out of that.

And here I am, knee deep in jargon, trying to make sense of Jira. Thankfully my team have just barely started to use it and there is some. small, hope that I might get some sort of fluency before I have to wade in further.

I've seen that there is a lot of support material and I've also noticed that it is a full of the jaunty jargon as everything else is around here. Perhaps I'm just too old to appreciate it. That said, Jira seems to be well regarded and I have no doubt that, over time, I will come to grips with it.

Namaste

6 comments

Comment

Vishal Biyani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2020

Hi Remco 

We also started on this journey and i can tell you no need to get distracted with jargons. Just focus on your specific business scenario and implement the workflows appropriately.

rest will be easy to embrace.

Namaste

Like Tamanna Godara likes this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2020

First of all welcome to the Atlassian Community @Remco de Ket. This is a great place to learn about Atlassian products and how to use them as effectively as possible. Atlassian put out some videos a couple years ago with a fairly decent explanation of Scrum. The link is below. They are not exhaustive "here's how you do Scrum" videos. They are more of an overview but it gets you a good primer on the different terminologies of Scrum and the purposes of the various things that happen during a sprint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLaD4FvsFdarT0B2yi9byhKWYX1YmrkrpC&time_continue=3&v=b02ZkndLk1Y&feature=emb_logo

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2020

Hello and Welcome, @Remco de Ket !!

We are glad you are here!!

namaskar.jpg

nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2020

Welcome Remco 🍀

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2020

@Remco de Ket You've come to the right place! We've got lots of product experts who can help you navigate Jira and beyond. 😄 Be sure to check out the Jira product collection, as well as our member journey and Friday Fun.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2020

Hi @Remco de Ket 

Welcome to the community!

You can find out a lot about Jira by completing some of their free training courses (https://training.atlassian.com/free-training-catalog) or by watching their webinars (https://www.atlassian.com/webinars)

You can also get involved in the community by exploring and asking questions - the community is a really friendly place and you will always find someone who can help with your issue.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events