Getting Ready for ACP-400

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2020

Been working on building service desks now and self taught with the help of the community and documentation out there. I wanted to be able to get to another level as I found my love and passion for Atlassian administration. I am not always the best at reading and writing but hope with my hard work and studying I will be able to join the next level with a cert under my belt and better help others in this community. 

I want to thank all help along the way from the community and support team at Atlassian. Lets hope for the best and make it another good year with administration of Jira. To all out there doing the same thing good luck and study hard. 

1 comment

Comment

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2020

@Aaron Geister I'm so pumped to hear that the Community was so helpful to you in your certification journey! We're glad you're here, and I'm sure you'll be able to give some pro tips to others as well. 😄

Like M.Fad likes this
Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 22, 2020

Any tips about passing the ACP-400?

Like Erica Moss likes this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2020

@Aaron Geister I've asked our Community Leaders to weigh in here with any tips, but I also wanted to mention that we've got a section of Community dedicated to certification, as well as this article with some pro tips. 😄

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2020

Hey @Aaron Geister,

This will be nothing new but just some general advice for any of the certification exams:

- There should be an exam topics document for each certification be sure to read through that and make sure you have a solid understanding of all the topics as there will be questions on the exam that cover every topic listed.

- There should also be some example questions, I personally like taking the question blind before studying to see where my weak points are.  But either way I'd recommend using those as a part of your study.

- The certification prep courses on the Atlassian University are very helpful in helping you to prepare for the exams.

- When you are taking the exam, read every question VERY carefully.  The way the question is worded is very important to discovering the correct answer(s).  Often times when you think something must be wrong with the answers available if you go back and re-read the question you will discover that context and assumptions will change how you would respond so take your time.

Erica already mentioned the Certification section on the community, and I'd definitely check out some of the ACP-400 discussion topics there for additional tips.

Good Luck!

-Jimmy

Like # people like this
Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2020

Thanks much for the tips. It is appreciated!

Like Erica Moss likes this
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2020

Hi @Aaron Geister ,

I just came around here. 

My experience with the ACP-400 exam is, that there is only a very little part of general Jira Administration and mostly specific Jira Service Desk questions.

There were many questions about defining SLAs, Customer Permissions, Knowledge Base, Configuring the portal and request types, so you should prepare especially this parts.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events