Create an Issue - Resolved with Admin providing access

Larry Poole May 25, 2021

Hi,  I am new to Jira.  I am trying to post an issue into a certain project.  When my Jira launches, I am in the correct project.  I am trying to add a new issue.  I am selecting the Create button up top, it prompts a list of projects.  I am not seeing the project up there that I want to post to.  Is there a trick to get my issue into the correct project??

3 comments

Comment

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

@Larry Poolemy first guess is you don't have permission to create an issue in that particular project.

If you could reply with what Atlassian product you are working with (Server or Cloud), and the type of project, and if it's Next Gen or not then people can narrow down the problem and give you guidance on correcting it. This all assumes you have some level of administrative rights or if you need to go to your Jira admin to get it fixed.

Larry Poole May 25, 2021

Using Jira, I am assuming Cloud,  not sure. I will find out.  

Larry Poole May 25, 2021

It looks like just an access issue, I probably need to be grated access to this project.

Larry Poole May 25, 2021

How do I mark this as resolved?

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

That would depend on how the system is using that field. If this is a very simple workflow, usually a green Status lozenge (Done, Closed, Received, etc.) would indicate a resolution by putting a checkmark next to the Status and showing the resolution next to that like this:

Jira Status w-resolution.png

Depending on how it is setup in your system you might see your systems resolutions under the issues settings in a table like this:

DoneWork has been completed on this issue.Move this resolution down
Rework NeededIssue needs rework and will transition back to the To Do StatusMove this resolution up Move this resolution down
Won't DoThis issue won't be actioned.Move this resolution up Move this resolution down
DuplicateThe problem is a duplicate of an existing issue.Move this resolution up Move this resolution down
ReceivedItem has been received.Move this resolution up Move this resolution down
DeclinedThis issue was not approved.Move this resolution up Move this resolution down
Cannot ReproduceAll attempts at reproducing this issue failed, or not enough information was available to reproduce the issue. Reading the code produces no clues as to why this behavior would occur. If more information appears later, please reopen the issue.Move this resolution up Move this resolution down
Known Error
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events