Confluence Table of contents

Deleted user October 7, 2019

Hi everyone, 

I have a word doc I need to put in confluence so I am copy and pasting it in, its rather long and I would like to add a table of contents. Does anyone know how to do that or know where there is a video to show me? I looked on youtube but only found very old examples that weren't much help. 

Thanks in advance. 

Dave

3 comments

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2019

Confluence has a "table of contents" macro which displays a table that is built dynamically from the headings in a page.  Without any parameters, it'll show your the contents of the current page it is on, at every level, but you can point it to other pages and restrict the level of headings it goes down to.

To use it, the quickest way is to open the page you want it on, then type { to trigger the macro list, and look for "toc" in the list.  Once you've put it on page, click the placeholder again to get the parameters. 

Deleted user October 8, 2019

Thanks Nic! After some digging I was looking for something that isn't available. I was looking for a TOC on the left. It seems I can only do separate sheets on the left. 

Deleted user October 8, 2019

Thank you Ana

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2019

@[deleted] Welcome, Dave! Sounds like you're already getting some great advice. 😄 Feel free to poke around a bit more: Earn your Answerer badge, check out the product collections and also Friday Fun.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events