Community Round-up: May 2021

Hello Everyone!

We are about half-way through 2021! With another month coming to an end, I have another great collection of articles you should read! Once again, our wonderful community members have not disappointed in the quality of the content that has been created.

First up, I know that this article was technically posted at the end of April, but I felt it had such a good message it was worth highlighting. Be gentle and kind to your users! This isn’t just good advice for admins but for the way we should interact with everyone.

Next, Team 2021 had some really great moments, if you missed it, you should take a look at Top Quotes from Atlassian Team 2021 - Part 1.  @Rachel Wright has done a fantastic job putting together some of the best quotes that came from this event.

Learning about how people use the Atlassian products is always something I enjoy reading. How Trello Increased My Teams Productivity, I found to be an interesting perspective on how to use Trello and I love seeing some of the unique ways people use Trello that I might be able to steal some of those concepts myself.

For everyone that likes “How To“ guides, How to set select lists (single, multiple, cascading), radio or checkboxes on create issue with REST is a simple, to the point example of using the RST API to update select lists.

I much as I enjoy reading about how others using the Atlassian products and “How To“ guides, I also love reading article that make me stop and think. Lupus in the world of diversity, disability & inclusion is definitely one of those articles that gave me pause and made me reflect a bit.

As an admin who has been through the server to Cloud migration journey myself, I can relate to A Solitary Admin with Cloudy Thinking - A Journey of Hope, Despair, and Triumph - Episode 1. If you are considering a migration to Cloud, I recommend checking this out!

Did you know that every month introduces a new badge to earn on the community? May was all about the Meet-less May Badge! There is still time to get involved, and you should be sure to check out what the community team has in store next month.

This round up wouldn’t be complete with out celebrating some of the awesome things happening in the community. Community release notes for May 11, 2021 & Random Acts of Spring, show what the community team has done to improve things and what some of our fellow awesome members are doing!

Finally, here are some trending discussions you might want to chime in on:

Have a great week everyone! I’ll see you again next time!

1 comment

Comment

Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2021

Thanks for writing these round-ups, @Jimmy Seddon! I've been away for a little while, and this is super helpful to catch up! 

giphy

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events