Community Round-up: December 2020

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the Community Round-up!  This is a new series that will be posted monthly in the Welcome Center to help keep you informed of things that you may have missed throughout the month you might be interested in checking out.

We all know that the announcement of the end of server coming up was a shock.  In case you missed it, Atlassian had a webinar, The future of Data Center Webinar FAQ.  The recorded version is still available on the linked article if you are interested in learning more.

Trello’s biggest fan, Brit Joiner wrote an amazing piece about How to get notifications about inactive cards with Butler.  I 100% recommend reading it to learn something new about Butler Automation in Trello.

Every year, Thomas S does a wonderful job of providing the Online Community with their one countdown to Christmas.  This year he did a profile on a number of the Community Leaders.  The link will take you to the entire collection if you are interested in learning more: Holiday Countdown 202 – Leaders and Songs Edition.

This article was a great reminder of the Agile practices that we can sometimes forget when we are too focused on getting to the end, Before you build that Software Product.

Yes, we now have round-up inception!  This article does a great job of helping you find that app you need for your Cloud products, that you didn’t already know about. New cloud apps roundup – Winter 2020

What’s the best way of keeping track of your issues in Jira?  Check out 4 ways of issue tracking in Jira and you might find out something you hadn’t thought of already.

For the security buffs out there, I recommend checking out these next two: Upcoming changes to the TLS Ciphers supported by Atlassian Cloud products & Atlassian’s Response to the FireEye and SolarWinds Breaches.

Do you know what all was launched with Confluence Cloud this year? The 5 Most Delightful Confluence Features of 2020 looks back at some of the awesome things the Confluence Cloud team did this year!

The first Atlassian virtual event of 2021 has been announced! Team Tour: Government Symposium – Save the Date! If you work in the government sector, I’d highly recommend trying to attend this event.  I have been to a number of Team Tour events in the past and I have never been disappointed!

Finally, here are also some discussions that are trending right now you might want to jump into and contribute to:

Team PlayBook: How does your team set goals? (And how good are you about sticking to them? 😉)

Off Topic: Which social media platforms do you use the most, and why?

Jira: Bachelor's thesis focused on the consultancy space for the Jira environment.

Training & Certification: Atlassian University Live webinar: SLAs for Jira Service Management

26 comments

Comment

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2020

This is very useful, awesome idea! Thanks for sharing!

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2020

Wow, lots of material and info! Thanks for putting this together @Jimmy Seddon 

Like # people like this
carrie_eandm
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2020

Looking forward to these posts in the future! Thanks!

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2020

Thanks for collecting all those useful links @Jimmy Seddon 😊

Like # people like this
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 31, 2020

Hi @Jimmy Seddon ,

This is a great article! Thank for sharing! It will be really helpful!

Like # people like this
Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 31, 2020

This is awesome @Jimmy Seddon , looking forward for future posts

Like # people like this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2021

Hi @Jimmy Seddon 

Great article and amazing idea. Thank for sharing !!!

Cheers !!! 👌

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2021

This is a great idea - I love a roundup!

Hopefully it will help new members to dive in to lots of topics too.

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon 

Like # people like this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2021

Gif game so on point - thanks for this helpful digest @Jimmy Seddon ! What a great way to do something neighborly!

Like # people like this
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon This is great information you shared Great Job!

Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2021

Thanks for sharing @Jimmy Seddon 😊

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon I'm still playing catch-up, and I am so GEEKED to see this first round-up go live, Jimmy! Such a great initiative. 🌟

Like # people like this
Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2021

This is great! Thanks for creating this @Jimmy Seddon ! <3 it! 

Like # people like this
Miles B.
Atlassian Team
January 6, 2021

Awesome write-up @Jimmy Seddon ! 

...and after spending the holidays with my niece, I'm very impressed with the Daniel Tiger gif haha. 

Like # people like this
Sharon Tan
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 6, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon, this is amazing!! Love this, thank you for being you!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 6, 2021

This is amazing @Jimmy Seddon! You had me at the gif.  And I've already set a search alert so I don't miss future round-ups. You're the best!

Like # people like this
Elizabeth Howden
Atlassian Team
January 6, 2021

Love this @Jimmy Seddon

Like # people like this
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2021

Thank you for putting that together, @Jimmy Seddon! Very very, very helpful!

Like # people like this
Tamanna Godara
Community Manager
January 6, 2021

This is the best!!!!!

Like # people like this
Isha January 6, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon - Kudos to you for stepping out there and creating a monthly roundup series. It's easy for things to slip through the cracks so thanks for shining a light on all the fantastic initiatives.

Like # people like this
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2021

Very usefull, thank you @Jimmy Seddon :)

Like # people like this
Darline Auguste
Community Manager
January 8, 2021

WOW, can't overstate how much I love this @Jimmy Seddon!!! 💙

Like # people like this
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2021

Great content, thanks !

Like # people like this
yaniv_shoshani January 17, 2021

Look good!

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2021

Oh hi, - I really appreciated the New cloud apps roundup.

Definitely some interesting new Jira apps to investigate.

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events