An Open Welcome to Everyone New

A Personal Welcome

I wanted to write this article to welcome every new member as they come aboard the Community Love Boat. Ah, those classic 1970-80s sitcoms.

Image result for love boat gif

A Growing Community

One of the things I appreciate the most about our Community is that it is always growing and ever-changing. New faces ensure that we remain current with new answers and new content which we will benefit everyone. Not only existing Community Leaders and members but also new visitors to our site. So from me to each of you - Thank You for joining us and Thank You for all you have done to get here and what you will contribute going forward.

Diversity

Just as new faces are critical to driving content in the Community, diversity is even more important. Not only diversity in how we as individuals see and interact with the extended Atlassian software world but the diversity in how we see and interact with the rest of the world - the people, the creatures and the environment. Diversity is what makes us human it is what makes us better.

For those of you that feel the same way or want to participate in discussions about diversity and inclusion, have a look at the Diversity and Inclusion group. It is a great place to engage with other Community members and discuss important topics that impact us all.

2021-02-17_08-58-33.jpg

Embarking in Your New Role

My advice to each of you is to not be afraid to contribute. The Community is all about sharing and learning. We are all here to support each other in our efforts to participate, contribute and learn. The Community is designated Safe Zone and we welcome all input regardless of experience!

Image result for sailing gif

WELCOME ABOARD!

By the way, if you have not already done so please read this article from @Erica Moss . It does a great job of outlining the guidelines for the Community. Start-here-Atlassian-Community-101 

25 comments

Comment

Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

Well put, and thanks for the Slack channel recommendations

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

Thanks for this welcoming article @Jack Brickey ! Welcome all new Community members & leaders.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2021

Great post @Jack Brickey!

Like # people like this
Karan Verma February 17, 2021

Welcome! Welcome!

Like Pedro Silva likes this
Gabriel Mercer de Lima S. February 17, 2021

Thanks for the article Jack! For me its a honor join on this community.

Someone can help me how can i get enter on the slack channel? I already use slack daily, but I didn't understand how I can access the community channel there

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2021

Hi Gabriel,

I believe this is only available to Community Leaders and I should have mentioned that. The reason is, that we don't want Slack to replace the Community but it gives the leaders another outlet to discuss CL activities and support each other in our support for the larger Community.

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2021

To any experts who joined this community, one of the best ways to contribute is to dive into an area you're familiar with:

• Filter your community feed by products you're familiar with
  • Toggle "all" to "has no replies" and see if you can help someone today!

@Jack Brickey - Funny, I've been having flashbacks to those sitcoms from times past while watching WandaVision. 😅

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2021

ah... i have been meaning to tune into that and see what it is all about. Tonight might be the night!

Like # people like this
Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2021

Great article, Jack! And how fun to remember the Love Boat show! That song is now stuck in my head 😉

Like Dave Liao likes this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2021

Nice article @Jack Brickey 

Jayesh Baviskar
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2021

Well said, community is growing & acquiring many newbies like me. Thank you Leaders.

Veronique DUFOUR February 21, 2021

@Jack Brickey you're right, we should not be afraid to contribute even if we are new in the community!

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2021

@Jack Brickey , agree with you, thank you for the article!

Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2021

tenor

Like Veronique DUFOUR likes this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2021

Last year I started to try to be more involved in the Atlassian Community, I hope to continue that momentum this year!

nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 11, 2021

@Jack Brickey 👏👏👏

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2021

Great article @Jack Brickey , always nice to see new people on the Community!

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2021

Great write up @Jack Brickey, Welcome Everyone to Atlassian Community 🙂

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

Thrilled to be a part of the Atlassian Community! For those that have just joined... A very warm welcome, I hope you find the answers to your questions, the voices to your discussions and the readers for your articles, oh and a few friendly faces along the way!!

@Jack Brickey - this is a great welcoming committee post!

Like Sarah Preston likes this
elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

@Jack Brickey Thanks for the warm welcome. @Dave Liao thanks for the recommendations on filtering to target open questions.

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2021

Hearty welcome and as always nice post to read from @Jack Brickey 

Like Sanjog Sigdel likes this
Fabio Yamada July 12, 2021

Thank you @Jack ! I am really keen to contribute to the community! 

Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2021

🙌🙌 nice article @Jack Brickey 

Arkadiusz Terpiłowski May 30, 2022

Welcome everyone!

Sanjog Sigdel
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2023

Atlassian community welcomes everyone and provides a informative space. 

Welcome to the group.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events