Welcome Wednesday: Which personality type are you?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2022

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

I think we all know that everyone is getting excited about Team '22 happening next week.

However, I think we've talked about that enough recently that I wanted to try something a little different today. We all know that conferences can be an extroverts dream and an introverts nightmare!

A few years ago there was a thread on the community about personality types.  I thought I would bring that back here and point out that there is a website:
https://www.16personalities.com/personality-types

Where you can take a simple quiz and discover which of the 16 personality types you fall into. I thought it might be fun if you have some free time to take the quiz and report back here which personality type you are.

To get things started, I'm a:

Defender.JPG

I'd love to hear from everyone else in the comments.

Have a great rest of the week!

9 comments

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2022

I still need to read the synopsis, but...

Capture.JPG

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2022

@Andy Gladstone the short version is you are in good company :D

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2022

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I needed it!

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro March 30, 2022

Hi @Jimmy Seddon

Wow, nice! I did this test five years ago—enjoyable doing these tests again. I'm always looking to improve. 

Here's my personality type. 🤩🤩

Have a great week, Buddy! 🤗🙏🏽

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 11.11.46.png

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2022

Amazing!  Thanks for sharing @Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro!  One of my favorite IT managers at my old company was a protagonist as well.  She was awesome!

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro March 30, 2022

Awesome to know that @Jimmy Seddon!! 😃

It's good to have this reference for a protagonist and know how awesome she was! 

Thanks for sharing too! 😃🤗🤩

Like # people like this
Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck March 30, 2022

No surprises there :þ

testresult.png

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2022

Ahh yes I'm very familiar with mediators as well!  I think most of my friends fall within the "Diplomats" sub-section of personality types.

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2022

There's always the edge case in your friends group Jimmy.... 😉 #campaigner

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2022

@Fun Man Andy I said "most" you always have the be the exception to every rule don't you ;)

Like # people like this
Giovanni Schiano-Moriello March 30, 2022

Cool test, I hadn't done this one before. Here's what I got:

itsame.PNG

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2022

I'm glad you tried it @Giovanni Schiano-Moriello!  You can learn a lot about your self by reading the summary.

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon Great post!

Here are my results of the personality type test:

My-Personality-Type-Test-Results.JPG

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2022

@Taranjeet Singh please tell me you are an architect.  That would make things really funny.

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2022

Not really, @Jimmy Seddon ! I wish I were! But, currently I am a Senior Software Engineer or more specifically Senior Atlassian Consultant. Though, I have worked in a couple of past projects for architecting the VM infrastructure needed for setting up Jira and Confluence DC products, based on my limited knowledge of Hardware and Networking requirements for these products.

Like # people like this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2022

Pretty interesting, I'm an Architect and I'm also slightly more introverted which was a little surprising.

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 4.21.02 PM.png

Like # people like this
Evangeline Black April 2, 2022

Capture3.PNG

Elizabeth Barr
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2022

I LOVE THIS. I remember taking the test a few years ago, just redid it for fun and looks like I've remained consistent :)

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 2.38.51 PM.png

Fun fact: Sentinel is my preferred class to play in the Mass Effect games, so it works out!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2022

Thanks for sharing @Elizabeth Barr!

I personally prefer the Infiltrator myself ;)

Elizabeth Barr
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2022

NICE, @Jimmy Seddon 

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2022

INTJ club 🙋‍♀️

Screenshot 2022-04-14 at 12.08.52.png

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events